Castle Ramp Smoking Section Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

gljvd

This is good news , it always smells there and there is always a cloud of smoke there.

I can understand smokers wanting to be able to smoke but the negatives of smoking are well documented , this is 2015 not 1945. If you want to be able to get your nic fit in then buy an e-cig to deal with it.

I enjoy cigars but i don't expect to be able to smoke them whenever and where ever I want

mikenatcity1

I don't mind most of them in the park (having traveled with a smoker in December), but this was 1 location that didn't make any sense (to me or the smoker). I'm happy to see this one go (but maybe put another tucked away elsewhere to prevent people from just lighting up in a line, something i've seen)

Wikkler

As long as tobacco is legal to buy, there should be places for people to smoke in public. I quit smoking years ago but I also understand the needs of smokers and how hard it is to quit. Things will get really interesting when smoking marijuana is legal in Florida. Id rather have my kids inhale 2nd hand smoke than inhale the smoke from a joint.
I say make tobbacco illegal and then and only then get rid of all smoking areas.
Harm_of_drugs_chart.png

This isn't really directed at you, but as you see, tobacco is both more addicting and more harmful to the body than cannabis.

MaxsDad

The next one I would like to see gone is the one by Aloha Isle. High traffic, high demand for seating at times, cherished product that is dependent on taste buds: does not equal smoking section in my opinion.

So where should the smoking areas be? If we have to have them, where are the smartest places?

The corner between Tony's and the Hat Shop where the FP machines used to be for Town Square M&G's?

Back in the alley way that is between Pirates and stroller parking?

wdizneew

Dangerous. It needs replacing not eliminating.

Better to control it than force it out. Or yes, people will stop caring and do it anywhere. It is still a very big way of life for many areas outside of the U.S. and visitors from elsewhere expect to be catered for.

From an ex smoker.

Yes, there are a lot of smokers outside of the US, but many countries have figured out ways to minimize the effects of 2nd hand smoking. I think a lot of foreigners coming to the US will realize that many cities/places here are not smoking friendly so Disney won't be an exception to that rule. Also, I have met a lot of smokers in the parks who were very considerate of others and the ones who smoke and walk around the parks were told by a CM to go to a designated area (to which I agree there would need to be a replacement solution).

camel_smoking_room_frankfurt_germany-sh_bpa035525b.jpg

Frankfurt, Germany

3716600349_99c81bdfbc.jpg

Singapore

Goofyernmost

Smokers do it to themselves. They perpetuate people disliking them for their constant habit or pitching their cigarette butts hither and yon! You'll find butts in the bushes, water rides, walkways, et al. Smoke free can't come soon enough...
Yea, they're terrible people. I'm sure that the fact that you thoughtful people have removed every receptacle for cigarette butt to go has had nothing to do with it. I'll bet that there are literally millions of people that spend countless hours in psychiatrists offices trying to over come the trauma of witnessing a biodegradable item just cast about. I'm also sure that you never do anything that might upset others, because of your perfection.

lunchbox1175

Yea, they're terrible people. I'm sure that the fact that you thoughtful people have removed every receptacle for cigarette butt to go has had nothing to do with it. I'll bet that there are literally millions of people that spend countless hours in psychiatrists offices trying to over come the trauma of witnessing a biodegradable item just cast about. I'm also sure that you never do anything that might upset others, because of your perfection.
Agree or not.....this is pretty funny.

Kingoglow

One the smoking area:
Just wanted to chime in and say that I am constantly amazed at c**p like this. While moving a smoking section to somewhere with less traffic is fine with me, eliminating one of the few areas left to smoke in the park is absurd. Personally, I would have thought that most of the 'think of the children' crowd would want the area in Storybook Circus moved before this one but it seems people aren't as aligned with their ideals as they would like for you to believe.

On your anti-smoking POV:
This is America and it is legal to buy and smoke in this country. These days it is common for business to ask smokers to go outside for a cigarette, which we do. Even though that treats one group of individuals differently from other groups. Fine, times change and the PC crowd is super sensitive, I get it. But to hear people championing the disintegration of what is legally allowed in this county and allowed in the parks is shocking.

I am one of the, I grew up in the 70's and I visited the parks in the early 80's generation. Everyone smoked. I had no complaints. I grew up fine; we all did. Even the asthmatic. Your children will be fine. Contrary to what you may believe, walking through second hand smoke will not cause them to drop dead on the spot. I know, because I have done that very thing as a kid and I am still hear. Or perhaps Darwin favors me more.

Last year, Florida was just shy of legalizing the use of medicinal pot. I vote that I believe will come up again and again until it passes. We all know that this actually leads to legalizing the drug in the state for recreation. I hope your pitchforks and torches are ready for the next wave of smokers.

dizneycrazy09

I'm currently visiting now, and I have said more than a few times this trip that I feel as though I've seen more people smoking than ever before. I'm not sure if that's in part to Disney removing smoking sections or if it's just people not giving a you know what. I'm sure it's a combination of both, but whatever the reason, it needs to stop. I DO
NOT want to walk around my hotel, the parks, etc and have cigar and/or cigarette smoke inhabit my nasal passages. For all you smokers, please have the courtesy to find the (albeit limited) designated smoking areas.

AngryEyes

Smokers do it to themselves. They perpetuate people disliking them for their constant habit or pitching their cigarette butts hither and yon! You'll find butts in the bushes, water rides, walkways, et al. Smoke free can't come soon enough...

I think we need to go anything-with-a-wrapper-free and paper-cup-free and plastic-bottle-free, too, because the freakin' morons who use those items like to toss them hither and yon. You see them in the bushes, water rides, walkways, et al. Container free can't come soon enough.

Now, if we can just do something about you idiots and your snowflake children, we'd be onto something.

Animaniac93-98

Y'all better not go to DLP.

No kidding, do they even have designated smoking areas? It's a bit of a culture shock when you're used to much stricter smoking laws in the US and Canada.

Still, it's not too much of a problem. Unless you're caught in the mob trying to leave the park post-Dreams or someone starts next to you when you're in an outdoor queue.

Hockey89

I no longer smoke, but, I once did and my memory is pretty good. I hope you don't get jubilant because for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. They have made it almost impossible to fit in a cigarette break in MK anymore. Oh, I know you are all saying... hooray, but, like I said, don't be surprised to see more nicotine addicted humans giving up and just smoking in any area that they happen to be standing in. !
I will do what I always do.... Take the cig out of your hand and stump it out.... Being 6'5 with a great glare avoids any thoughts of come backs...

GeneralKnowledge

They need to consolidate all of the smoking areas into a single one on the deck of Aunt Polly's. That's a convenient out of the way spot that's easy to get to and where they won't bother anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom