Castle Ramp Smoking Section Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

betty rose

First post. Long time reader. I had to sign up and respond. I am a long time smoker and yes I do smoke in all designated areas. How dare anyone tell me I can't smoke in a designated area and that it affects them.. . I pay just as much for a vacation as all other people do. How about we talk the silent killer.. obesity. I see far more obese people than smokers. Ask yourself which is really more unhealthy. Beat me up on this comment but its true. Until they make smoking illegal or ban it from the parks. I will continue to smoke in designated areas.
You have every right to do that.

Section106

Go some where else.

Say what? So far you're either really new at this or you're a clever troll. Either way you're trolling at this point. No one needs you be the arbitor of what is legal or right.

Again, no one has the legal right to smoke in public. And no one has the right to not be offended either. I couldn't care less if a smoker gets their feelings hurt when I or anyone else tells them to stop smoking in public. It is poison and I don't have to breath it.

StarWarsGirl

Why would I think there was any hate intended?

Seriously, Betty, posting that you're okay with smokers triggering an asthma attack because you plan ahead by bringing your inhaler is some serious Stockholm Syndrome ish. It is not okay for someone to cause you to have a health crisis, however small, because they are doing something "legal". If someone wants to dump carbon monoxide, tar, formaldehyde, and countless other toxins into their lungs then fine. But they do not have the right to do it to you. You are deserving of a clean and healthy environment. Why would you willingly accept less that what you deserve just because some selfish jackass wants to slowly kill himself in front the nice people at WDW? I ask because I care.
Stockholm Syndrome is when a prisoner has feelings for his or her captor. This is entirely different.

People spray perfume. That gives me a health crisis. Should that be illegal as well? Kids have peanut allergies. People eat peanuts. Restaurants add peanuts to their menu items. Should peanuts be illegal?

Yes, smoking is bad for your health. It's bad for the environment. But then the same thing happens with fireworks. Should WDW stop showing fireworks as well? Or should those of us who have these concerns manage our health on our own?

Yes, someone smoking where they are not supposed to is not fair to me and other asthmatics and yes it does make me angry. But when a smoker is making an effort to smoke where they are supposed to, I can't fault them. They are showing courtesy to me and other guests, so I can have the courtesy to stay away from smoking areas.

photomatt

Folks - we really need to focus on the biggest air quality issue in the MK. Far worse than any smoking area - a terrible source of carcinogenic fumes the spreads over large parts of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I give you - The Tomorrowland Speedway.

Here are some reading materials for you:

http://rhinofitnesslivehealthy.blogspot.com/2014/04/smokers-rights-and-fat-free-butter.html

http://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20040823/smoking-worse-than-exhaust-for-air-pollution

Yes, there is exhaust from all of those cars, and it does contribute to air pollution, but you are comparing two different things.

betty rose

Say what? So far you're either really new at this or you're a clever troll. Either way you're trolling at this point. No one needs you be the arbitor of what is legal or right.

Again, no one has the legal right to smoke in public. And no one has the right to not be offended either. I couldn't care less if a smoker gets their feelings hurt when I or anyone else tells them to stop smoking in public. It is poison and I don't have to breath it.
Disney is private property, as I suggested....take it up with them. If I'm trolling, you must be also, whatever that term means. I'm not clever, just an old woman that obviously has a lot to learn about commenting, instead of "trolling" as you call it. Sorry about the lively exchange. Have a good night.

betty rose

Stockholm Syndrome is when a prisoner has feelings for his or her captor. This is entirely different.

People spray perfume. That gives me a health crisis. Should that be illegal as well? Kids have peanut allergies. People eat peanuts. Restaurants add peanuts to their menu items. Should peanuts be illegal?

Yes, smoking is bad for your health. It's bad for the environment. But then the same thing happens with fireworks. Should WDW stop showing fireworks as well? Or should those of us who have these concerns manage our health on our own?

Yes, someone smoking where they are not supposed to is not fair to me and other asthmatics and yes it does make me angry. But when a smoker is making an effort to smoke where they are supposed to, I can't fault them. They are showing courtesy to me and other guests, so I can have the courtesy to stay away from smoking areas.
Thanks for your eloquently stated reply.

MaryJaneP

The solutions seem to suggest themselves. Any one of these could reduce the problems

1. New tobaccky land - designated smoking area.
2. Fast Pass + required to enter a designated smoking area.
3. Move designated smoking area to outside the entrance (old turnstiles). Anyone with a ticket could gain easy rentry
4. Actually enforce no smoking rules with either loss of entry or permanent trespass from WDW
5. Make it a profitable enterprise for WDW to have a smokers lounge (ideas discussed by others earlier)
6. Decide what is really a first world problem and focus on that.

StarWarsGirl

Examining the facts and then deciding not to agree with you does not make me myopic.
Except one of your sources is a 10 year old WebMD article and the other one is a blog, which is notoriously unreliable.

If you're going to ask someone to consider "facts" at least find a reliable source. Meaning not something from Blogspot and no news articles that are more than 5 years old.

photomatt

1. New tobaccky land - designated smoking area.
There's already a mascot. For those that don't know, this is Jeff, the diseased lung.
B98ceboCEAEhuRC.jpg:large

Minthorne

OK. I did notice the dates. There was a more recent article from 2014, but it was highly technical. Should I have posted that?

You could just admit that pollution from second hand smoke is as harmful as car exhaust. Your first response to my post seems to claim they are not.

In the end I hope Disney will ban smoking, car and buses so folks with asthma can go to WDW safely.

Section106

I know what it is. @betty rose wrote that even though she has asthma and is affected by smokers in WDW she will defend their right to smoke because she was a Girl Scout and is prepared with her inhaler, or some such nonsense. She is agreeing with and defending those that would do her harm. Stockholm Syndrome all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom