Castle Ramp Smoking Section Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomP

While I really don't have a problem with them having smoking areas, this one spot really bugged me so I'm glad its gone.
I smoke. I never used that particular smoking area though because it was so in the "stream" of visitors. I agree that smoking areas should be in areas that are out of the way. Partly because I understand others not wanting to deal with smoke and partly because getting some peoples negative reactions to smoke as they walk thru a smoking area tick me off. Hate on me if you must, but I'm trying to be polite about my "nasty habit".

Goofyernmost

Effective tomorrow, the smoking section up the side of the castle will be gone forever. No substitution, just one less smoking section. Finally.

Only 4 left at MK.

-Adventureland Entrance
-Exit area of Big Thunder
-Behind Space Mountain on the walkway
-Behind Barnstormer on the walkway
I no longer smoke, but, I once did and my memory is pretty good. I hope you don't get jubilant because for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. They have made it almost impossible to fit in a cigarette break in MK anymore. Oh, I know you are all saying... hooray, but, like I said, don't be surprised to see more nicotine addicted humans giving up and just smoking in any area that they happen to be standing in. Let's treat these people like scum while we add alcohol to the grounds everywhere. I mean that has never caused any problems either socially or physically has it? I won't even mention how badly that withdrawal can affect mood. As long as we don't mind listening to people whose patience is shredded to the bone, I guess letting them deal with that anxiety will be ok.

From my observations smokers are going way out of there way to not offend anyone, yet, everyone finds it necessary to just keep kicking them. I did not see even one person smoking outside of a smoking area on my trip this month. Not one. I don't even have a problem with them moving it from that location, because, that was/is not a smart place to put it, but, by not replacing it someplace else everyone has just shown the disdain that they have for the people that have that particular need. So all of you have your drinks and smugly contemplate your victories. Humanity at it's best!

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I smoke. I never used that particular smoking area though because it was so in the "stream" of visitors. I agree that smoking areas should be in areas that are out of the way. Partly because I understand others not wanting to deal with smoke and partly because getting some peoples negative reactions to smoke as they walk thru a smoking area tick me off. Hate on me if you must, but I'm trying to be polite about my "nasty habit".

I dont smoke but I agree; that one was poorly placed. I'm not going to judge people for smoking in the smoking section beyond a 'thank you for obeying the rules'.... Rather I will judge the dumb duck who decided to put a smoking section in the middle of a high traffic area.

Slowjack

I no longer smoke, but, I once did and my memory is pretty good. I hope you don't get jubilant because for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. They have made it almost impossible to fit in a cigarette break in MK anymore. Oh, I know you are all saying... hooray, but, like I said, don't be surprised to see more nicotine addicted humans giving up and just smoking in any area that they happen to be standing in. Let's treat these people like scum while we add alcohol to the grounds everywhere. I mean that has never caused any problems either socially or physically has it. I won't even mention how badly that withdrawal can affect mood. As long as we don't mind listening to people whose patience is shredded to the bone, I guess letting them deal with that anxiety will be ok.

From my observations smokers are going way out of there way to not offend anyone, yet, everyone finds it necessary to just keep kicking them. I did not see even one person smoking outside of a smoking area on my trip this month. Not one. I don't even have a problem with them moving it from that location, because, that was/is not a smart place to put it, but, by not replacing it someplace else everyone has just shown the disdain that they have for the people that have that particular need. So all of you have your drinks and smugly contemplate your victories. Humanity at it's best!
Wow, you sound really angry. Maybe you need a smoke? :) Seriously, I don't like smoking areas because at this point, cigarette smoke smells like death to me, and also, I generally like people, and many people are smokers and I don't want them to die a horrible death. But I don't gloat over the loss of a smoking area, and I don't feel smug. I don't treat smokers like scum. I treat them as people who have gotten themselves into a bad predicament from which I hope they will escape.

Mickey81

Awesome!! This was the stupidest place they could put it. I never understood the logic behind it. I don't smoke and fully understand the need to have a place, but I would like to see them relocate the one across from Aloha Isle. There is limited seating available to enjoy a dole whip, and would be nice to not have it in a smoking section. Again, I'm not saying eliminated, only relocated.

Last edited:

wogwog

I also appreciate the need to accommodate smokers but with 60-70,000 people in the MK very often now. With the FP system putting more people just walking around the park, the "out of the way" places are few. I can't think of any additional spots that are away from high traffic areas other than the remaining four. Plus I don't really consider the one in Adventureland very out of the way. People I am acquainted with who work at the MK say even the number of backstage smoking areas for cast are greatly reduced.

erclvrb18

there is still a smoking area just behind the old storytime with belle area which is not far from the one that will be eliminated ... only that one is for cms only lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom