Casting Questions

AKFreak

Original Poster
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to become a cast member at WDW? I have an interview scheduled for next Thursday, May 6. Anything I should/should not say or ask? Any help is appreciated.

iluvstitch

I've never interviewed for Disney, but I just interviewed for another job. I would say things like:

I like making people happy/ making happy memories for guests.

I'm a Disney fan and want to be part of the Disney family.

I'm dependable/responsible/organized.

I can accept change in the workplace.

If they ask you how you would deal with difficult guests say something like you would listen to what the guest has to say and then work to find a satisfactory solution to their problem.

Hope some of those suggestions help. -Stephanie

mellie882

The recruiting for the college program is a bit different I'm sure, but I was accepted as a CP. I can tell that during training Disney teaches you about guest service. So stressing the following is a good idea: listening to guests, making eye contact with guests, actively seeking out guest interaction (go up to them!), experience with people of all ages (child, parent, grandparent). The goal as a cast member is to treat people as guests in your home, hence the term "guest". You are supposed to accomodate them and make them feel welcome.

And show off your Disney knowledge! Use the terms cast member, guest, guest with a disability, etc. Mention specific Disney memories, experiences, rides, etc. Talk about Disney characters. They like to see that you have some background knowledge about Disney.

Smile. Put on that Disney face that everyone has. Be outgoing. Be friendly and talkative (without rambling). I don't know if that helps any. But good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Yenfid

I worked with a guy, at the Disney Store, and he said the interview was like ours for the store. If that is true, you will be interviewed in a group of five to seven people and asked a lot of questions about Disney. (Favorite Character and Why. Favorite Disney Experance. How would you handle this problem. How would you help or lead a guest into opening up if they seemed not thrilled with Disney, and so on. There are no last names just First names.

Disney also has M.A.G.I.C

Mantine your pressents
Asset your guest needs or wants
Greet your guest
Invite your guest to talk
Conclude

Aslo there is Going above and Beyond what the guest expect too.

Hope this helps

Pixie Duster

Actually you are interviewed one on one.... we hire practically everybody since we have 55,000 positions to fill, ok well that's how many CMs there are. So as long as you are nice, outgoing, and willing to deal with guests without getting paid much then you're hired. :) Good Luck.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I've read on some other threads that there is overtime available if needed, but I wanted to see if someone could verify that for me?

And is there any limit to the amount of o/t allowed?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

se8472

anything over 8 hours is overtime. As far as limits....there might be but I have yet to see or hear anyone hitting it.

If 2 of your shifts fall under 8 hours then you get double back (some call it doubletime or something wired)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom