Castaway Cay weather

EOD K9

Original Poster
My trip is right around the corner and the projected weather is for an overcast day. There is no call for precip, just clouds. The forecast keeps changing and we are hoping for the best. So, my question to all of you is, ...How much has cloudy skies affected your day on CC?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
None at all.

It is also worth noting that a weather report for a tropical island more than 48 hours out is about as accurate as spinning the wheel of random weather.

DSC07555.JPG

EOD K9

Original Poster
None at all.

It is also worth noting that a weather report for a tropical island more than 48 hours out is about as accurate as spinning the wheel of random weather.

DSC07555.JPG
Thanks. I appreciate that. I've been there before, but this will be my first trip with my infant daughters and the in-laws, so goes without saying that we are hoping for a gorgeous day.

EOD K9

Original Poster
@Master Yoda You are correct. It has changed twice already. Can anyone look up what the weather was Feb 25th, 2013? I know it was slightly chilly that day but I am trying to tell my wife that even though it was a tad cold initially, it was still a great day. Thanks in advance gang.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
@Master Yoda You are correct. It has changed twice already. Can anyone look up what the weather was Feb 25th, 2013? I know it was slightly chilly that day but I am trying to tell my wife that even though it was a tad cold initially, it was still a great day. Thanks in advance gang.
I have done a late January cruise and while the air temperature was fine, the water temperature can be a bit on the cold side. You got use to it once you got into it, but once you got out, you really did not want to go back in it.

216bruce

We had a Castaway day once that was rainy and cool (maybe 60). Sadly, we spent about two hours on the island and went back on the boat. Suspension of disbelief can only take you so far...

EOD K9

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies. My last two trips there were great. I bought two shorty wetsuits for the wife and I so that should help if the water is a tad chilly.

EOD K9

Original Poster
The weather is changing everyday. It's gone from 75 and overcast to 81 and sunny, to 75 and partly cloudy to 76 and early showers and sunny. Wow.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for all the replies. My last two trips there were great. I bought two shorty wetsuits for the wife and I so that should help if the water is a tad chilly.
That would be all you need. When I did my January cruise the water was a few degrees above the average water temperature you would find in a Florida spring.

It was tolerable with out a shorty. It would have been just dandy with one.

Disneyfalcon

What Master Yoda said. Our last two trips to Castaway Cay have had horrible weather predictions and they've changed. In September it was pouring when we woke up and the forecast was to pour all day long. The rain stopped at 9 am and never started again.

We would have had fun there no matter what, but hopefully you'll have great weather!

EOD K9

Original Poster
The weather keeps changing (for the worse) as @Master Yoda has said it will keep doing. It is driving me nuts. What is the criteria for them to flip days for CC if there are no other ships scheduled to dock there on the flipped day?

NelleBelle

We were there the middle of Feb. and the night before we docked, the forecast as CC was cloudy and a high of 62! I was so disappointed. But the next morning was clear, sunny, and we ended up with a high of 78! I will say, the water was chilly, too chilly for me. Kids had no issue with water temp...ah, to be young and not care :)

wdwstateofmind

We were there the middle of Feb. and the night before we docked, the forecast as CC was cloudy and a high of 62! I was so disappointed. But the next morning was clear, sunny, and we ended up with a high of 78! I will say, the water was chilly, too chilly for me. Kids had no issue with water temp...ah, to be young and not care :)
Did you really think the water would be warm in the middle of February?

EOD K9

Original Poster
I just got back a few days ago and the weather was awesome!! I wore a shorty wetsuit and it was perfect for the water temp. It was well worth the investment.

NelleBelle

Did you really think the water would be warm in the middle of February?

Coming from the pacific northwest, anything is warmer than our water up here. We've been to the caribbean before in the winter and been ok with water temp. I guess I was expecting it to be more like the water we had just been in when we were in St. Thomas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom