Castaway Cay merchandise

tk924

Original Poster
Did a quick search but was unable to find an answer, so here goes:

1) Are there items exclusive to / only sold at Castaway Cay? If so, what are they?
2) Can you use Disney Gift Cards to purchase items on Castaway Cay?

Thanks! :)

belledream

There are some items, mainly ones branded with 'Castaway Cay' that I've only seen on the island and not on the ship. I got a CC tank top (clearance too) there that I haven't seen online or anything like that.
I don't think you can use Disney Gift Cards at Castaway Cay, but I think you can apply the card to your account at Guest Services and 'pay' with your stateroom key. It wouldn't hurt to ask though!

ChuckElias

Belle is right on both counts. There is a lot of stuff that you can only get on the island. I have a t-shirt and a "Hawaiian" shirt that were only available on Castaway Cay. There are also beach towels, cups/mugs, etc. Typical merchandise items, but with CC logos and theming.

Also, all purchases on Castaway Cay are charged to your stateroom account. You make purchases with your Key To the World card (your room key), just as you would on the ship. So there's no point to bringing credit cards, gift cards, etc onto the island. (If you want to bring cash to tip the drink servers, I suppose they would accept it, but you can't use it for purchases.) However, as Belle pointed out, you can apply your gift cards (or cash) to your shipboard account by going to Guest Services.

wogwog

There are some items, mainly ones branded with 'Castaway Cay' that I've only seen on the island and not on the ship. I got a CC tank top (clearance too) there that I haven't seen online or anything like that.
I don't think you can use Disney Gift Cards at Castaway Cay, but I think you can apply the card to your account at Guest Services and 'pay' with your stateroom key. It wouldn't hurt to ask though!
On CC they only take the stateroom key, no credit cards or cash even.

wdwstateofmind

1) It's one of the primary reasons to look forward to CC. You get to buy awesome clothes that very few people will have in Disney Parks. You can get them on eBay, but that's about all as they don't sell them on the Disney site.

I usually get whatever new cutoff sleeve shirt they have that year. This years new mens stuff is white and very tropically colored. I'll summarize it up by calling it surfboard mickey. I definitely haven't seen anyone at WDW with it yet.

The ship itself actually has some pretty unique shirts that you don't see too often either. I just grabbed a Duck, Duck, Cruise.. I'm finding some of the cruise ones are crowd favorites in the parks, but that's just my two cents.

2) See everyone else.

tigger1968

One quick add on to the topic of payment....yes, everything is charged to your shipboard account. BUT...if you get the notion to send a post card from the island ( yep, you can do that), the post office is run by the Bahamian government and only takes cash. So if you think you may do that, bring some cash along, and preferably nothing large, as they seem to run out of change quickly. My last trip, they were exact change only. Oh, and you will most likely beat your mail home. But it was kind of cool to get a postcard from Castaway Cay a week after I got home. :D

sweetpee_1993

One quick add on to the topic of payment....yes, everything is charged to your shipboard account. BUT...if you get the notion to send a post card from the island ( yep, you can do that), the post office is run by the Bahamian government and only takes cash. So if you think you may do that, bring some cash along, and preferably nothing large, as they seem to run out of change quickly. My last trip, they were exact change only. Oh, and you will most likely beat your mail home. But it was kind of cool to get a postcard from Castaway Cay a week after I got home. :D
You can buy postcard stamps in Nassau. In the Festival Center just before the security check point back onto the pier there's a postal window on the left. You can purchase your stamps and have your postcards all ready to go for CC day. We dropped them in the mail slot. Never been inside the little post office on the island. It is a lot of fun to get postcards from Cadtaway Cay!

ChuckElias

BUT...if you get the notion to send a post card from the island ( yep, you can do that), the post office is run by the Bahamian government and only takes cash.
Great point! I'm kicking myself for not mentioning it earlier.

Oh, and you will most likely beat your mail home.
By 3 or 4 weeks. If you got yours a week after getting home, that is VERY unusual, in my experience.

rob0519

So, we went on our first cruise back in April and my daughter bought me a mug on Castaway Cay. It didn't say anything about not being dishwasher safe, so I put it in the dishwasher like any other mug. Well, it turns out the graphics are some kind of decal and after only one washing the graphics on both sides are almost completely gone and I'm left with a practically blank green mug. Has anyone had a problem with CC merchandise and had it successfully replaced? If so, how? I'm not expecting to be on another cruise anytime soon. Thanks.

ChuckElias

Ugh, Rob, sorry to hear that. I have not ever had to try to replace CC merchandise. However, my brother-in-law has had really good interactions (i.e., getting stuff) with DCL higher-ups. If you can contact someone at guest services and then maybe find a supervisor with a sympathetic ear, you never know.

NMBC1993

As far as exclusive Castaway Cay merchandise, the selection is limited. There's the usual pins, shirts, and one or two ornaments but the rest is the same old "One World, One Park" merchandise. A warning to those wishing to buy Castaway Cay merchandise. During my last trip on the Dream, back in April I picked up a T-Shirt from She Sells that was hanging on their racks outside. When I returned home, I was digging all my goodies out of the bags only to discover that my brand new CC shirt, had fading on the shoulders from being out in the sun for so long. I contacted Disney Merchandise about the issue, the wonderful CM asked for some photos of the damage and a copy of the receipt. A couple of days later, I received an email from the CM telling me that they are sending a check for the refund and I could keep the shirt as well for the inconvenience.

My advise to anyone shopping on CC is to check all your merchandise before you buy it and if possible, ask the CM if they have any shirts in the stockroom that hasn't been out in the sun.

Last edited:

rob0519

Ugh, Rob, sorry to hear that. I have not ever had to try to replace CC merchandise. However, my brother-in-law has had really good interactions (i.e., getting stuff) with DCL higher-ups. If you can contact someone at guest services and then maybe find a supervisor with a sympathetic ear, you never know.
Thanks. I'll contact DCL guest services. It's only a mug, but who knows when I'm get back there again.

Gramof4

So, we went on our first cruise back in April and my daughter bought me a mug on Castaway Cay. It didn't say anything about not being dishwasher safe, so I put it in the dishwasher like any other mug. Well, it turns out the graphics are some kind of decal and after only one washing the graphics on both sides are almost completely gone and I'm left with a practically blank green mug. Has anyone had a problem with CC merchandise and had it successfully replaced? If so, how? I'm not expecting to be on another cruise anytime soon. Thanks.
I bought a mug, also green and have the same problem. I have other mugs that I have bought from Disney and have always put them in the dishwasher with no problems. All of the graphic is missing on the back now and the front is starting to peel. We cruised this April, too.

rob0519

We were on the Wonder out of Miami on April 22. Seems we bought the same mug. I have not sent a complaint letter yet, bit I will

rob0519

Here is the mug and the decal issue. Is it the same one?
DSCF3068.JPG
DSCF3069.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom