1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Cast Members and block out dates ?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by maxczw, Jul 2, 2012.

1. maxczw

maxczw New Member

Hey guys,

I have some issues to find an answer to my question.

Are Cast Members (CPs, in my case) subject to block out dates (In Madgic Kingdom for instance)?

Thanks.

2. Tim_4

Tim_4 Well-Known Member

Go to The Hub -> Disney Difference -> Discounts and Complimentary Admission -> Complimentary Admission -> Block-Out Dates

Your ID is never blocked out. YOU can always go to the park. The block-out dates apply to your main entrance pass.

3. GoalieGirl16

GoalieGirl16 Active Member

CPs do not generally have passes that allow for free guest admission. That being said they can generally go to the parks at any time. There were occasions that even Cast Member IDs were blacked out but only on the busiest of days like Christmas and New Year's Eve. Keep in mind my experience is more than a decade out of date. Don't know if I helped at all.

4. Tim_4

Tim_4 Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that CP's didn't have main entrance passes. I can answer any questions about the silver pass (salaried leaders and those with a certain number of years with the company) and the blue pass (all others, including part-time and seasonal). I' don't know about the college program specifically. Just assumed it was the same as the blue pass.

5. DisneyInsider

DisneyInsider Premium Member

CP's do get Blue Main Entrance passes during their programs and they are subject to blackout dates found on the hub. A cast ID will always get the specific cast member into the park.

6. GoalieGirl16

We did not get maingates on my College Programs (yes plural, I did two and then stayed on for a few years) but like I said it was more than a decade ago. We did occasionally get a pair of free tickets but not a standard maingate. Usually you can make friends with a friendly full or part timer with a maingate who would be willing to sign someone in.

7. Tim_4

Tim_4 Well-Known Member

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming.

8. joanna71985

joanna71985 Well-Known Member

Things are now different (it's been changed to where CPs get Maingates too).

As for IDs being blocked out, it only happens on extremely busy days (days you probably would not want to be in the parks anyway).

9. GoalieGirl16

Good to know that things have changed for the better in that regard! It always chapped my hinder that we didn't get a maingate while in the Program.

10. Tim_4

Tim_4 Well-Known Member

I was at DHS on the first Friday night of this CP session. It was funny to see all the CP girls dolled up in their sun dresses, out to the parks for the first time. A lot of them were in the single rider line for RnRC because they hadn't made friends yet. Others were chatting awkwardly with their new roommates.

People watching is fun.

11. WDW1974

WDW1974 Well-Known Member

It IS one of the best things to do at WDW!