Cast Member Wages

Matt_Black

Well, they do know what causes that now, so it really shouldn't be a problem should it?

That's easy to say... Look, we all know that... uh... relations are what makes the stork come. Now, there have been studies about this. Simply saying, "Don't have relations EVER" doesn't prevent the stork from coming. Actually teaching "Here are the right and wrong ways to have relations" DOES lower the rate of stork visits.

Goofyernmost

That's easy to say... Look, we all know that... uh... relations are what makes the stork come. Now, there have been studies about this. Simply saying, "Don't have relations EVER" doesn't prevent the stork from coming. Actually teaching "Here are the right and wrong ways to have relations" DOES lower the rate of stork visits.
I wanted two children and I had two children, that doesn't mean I only went through the motions twice, but, there are very easy ways to prevent it from happening. All one has to do is exercise those options. I find it hard to believe in this day and age that those options aren't easily available. I was from an era where it was something that was never talked about in public. Today's desire is not anymore powerful then it was back then, I'm pretty sure.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
... You realize it doesn't always work like that? It's not like people actually mail out forms to the stork and he shows up 9 months later?
You have to be some combination of dumb, drunk, or irresponsible to get pregnant accidentally. My wife and I are both fully fertile and healthy (sorry if TMI) and it took us several months to achieve pregnancy when we were specifically trying.

NelsonRD

Neither. I don't even like TV. I promise you can insult me in Scottish another time and in another thread, just not this one. Goodbye, Pumbas.

He is just providing the typical caring compasionate response. They are the ones who care, who are better people, until you disagree with them, then they turn into hate fueled, name calling, intolerant, destroyers.

Siren

He is just providing the typical caring compasionate response. They are the ones who care, who are better people, until you disagree with them, then they turn into hate fueled, name calling, intolerant, destroyers.
Oh, I am *quite* familiar with Pumbas. OMG, I have been on the receiving end of his wrath more times than I care to even mention.

And, when he insults you, it's always in some Scottish slang -- which means you have to go and look it up on Google Translation or some Scottish Translation website to find out what he means. So, you're essentially being insulted twice, having to work for it by looking it up. Pumbas is definitely the worst. So, it's best to stay on his good side. LOL.

WEDwaydatamover

Sometimes you have to decide in life what's really important. Bills/leisure vs happiness / wellbeing. It's a Hobson'$ choice.

Maybe the job at Walt Disney World doesn't pay crap but at the end of the day I would rather have a job that I love and maybe not be paid so much rather than the opposite.

Goofyernmost

Oh, I am *quite* familiar with Pumbas. OMG, I have been on the receiving end of his wrath more times than I care to even mention.

And, when he insults you, it's always in some Scottish slang -- which means you have to go and look it up on Google Translation or some Scottish Translation website to find out what he means. So, you're essentially being insulted twice, having to work for it by looking it up. Pumbas is definitely the worst. So, it's best to stay on his good side. LOL.
Or you could just ignore it. I don't mean put him on ignore, just flat out ignore it if it bothers you. I suspect that the motive is to bother you, so why let it enough to bother to even look it up. When I understand what he is saying I just move on. If I don't I just move on. Not all that hard to do.

Siren

Or you could just ignore it. I don't mean put him on ignore, just flat out ignore it if it bothers you. I suspect that the motive is to bother you, so why let it enough to bother to even look it up. When I understand what he is saying I just move on. If I don't I just move on. Not all that hard to do.
No way -- not with those two. I totally refuse to give him or his rude brother the last word. Well, not before I take at least one good jab at them first. Then, I totally ignore them. LOL. jk

Thank you so much @Goofyernmost. This is really good advice though.

Siren

There's a difference between

-doing something you love so you enjoy life.. instead of pursuing the rat race
verse
-doing something you love and having to live in poverty to do it.
Hey there, Daddy Warbucks. Or, maybe I will call you flynnibucks. LOL.

Anyway, the poster didn't say anything about living in *poverty* -- that takes it to a whole different level. He's talking about making less money to enjoy life and do something you love. That doesn't automatically equal living in poverty.

I just don't feel like people should choose a field just to make a lot of money. It just doesn't work out like that most of the time. That's why you have attorneys and doctors who make several millions a year and some that barely make $50,000 - $100,000.

You should *love* and be madly passionate about what you do, therefore it doesn't feel like work and you will succeed and make more money than ever.

rob0519

You have to be some combination of dumb, drunk, or irresponsible to get pregnant accidentally. My wife and I are both fully fertile and healthy (sorry if TMI) and it took us several months to achieve pregnancy when we were specifically trying.

The only full proof method of birth control is abstinence, period. All other methods have some percentage of failure. My wife and I used an IUD that turned out to be poorly designed and faulty. It caused pregnancy, and major health issues in thousands of both mothers and children. We are still dealing with those heath issues 41 years later. So while you are entitled to your opinion, I is my opinion your "dumb, drunk, or irresponsible" comment is offensive and irresponsible.

jloucks

The only full proof method of birth control is abstinence, period. All other methods have some percentage of failure. My wife and I used an IUD that turned out to be poorly designed and faulty. It caused pregnancy, and major health issues in thousands of both mothers and children. We are still dealing with those heath issues 41 years later. So while you are entitled to your opinion, I is my opinion your "dumb, drunk, or irresponsible" comment is offensive and irresponsible.
Hysterectomy is pretty evective too. Although technically birth control is a side effect, not the purpose.

rob0519

Hysterectomy is pretty evective too. Although technically birth control is a side effect, not the purpose.

Unfortunately, in my wife's case the hysterectomy was eventually a side effect of the birth control (defective IUD). And a hysterectomy is way past "pretty effective."

jloucks

Unfortunately, in my wife's case the hysterectomy was eventually a side effect of the birth control (defective IUD). And a hysterectomy is way past "pretty effective."
We had a squirrely IUD, cysts, a placenta that broke partially loose and flapped around for 5 months (son made it, barely), a cervix that just refused to stop bleeding lightly and uterus that sloughed 15 days a month.

rob0519

We had a squirrely IUD, cysts, a placenta that broke partially loose and flapped around for 5 months (son made it, barely), a cervix that just refused to stop bleeding lightly and uterus that sloughed 15 days a month.

Well, I was trying not be as graphic, while still getting a point across. I'm sorry for what you, your wife and son had to go through. I can empathize with your struggles.

Chef Mickey

... You realize it doesn't always work like that? It's not like people actually mail out forms to the stork and he shows up 9 months later?
LOL at not being able to control when kids come in the picture.

This proves personal responsibility in America is nearly dead. When you can't even hold yourself accountable for having kids you didn't want, you have a problem.

Matt_Black

LOL at not being able to control when kids come in the picture.

This proves personal responsibility in America is nearly dead. When you can't even hold yourself accountable for having kids you didn't want, you have a problem.

There are several more factors that I probably shouldn't go into here. Suffice to say, it's not nearly as simple as you make it out to be.

Chef Mickey

Conveniently ignoring the sales tax bit, aren't you? Poor people who happen to own a home (ramshackle though it might be in some cases) are also probably going to be paying property taxes. But that doesn't fit the "poor are leeches" narrative you're peddling, does it?
You really don't think those people are leaches? I have 0 respect for Americans wasting limitless opportunity, collecting welfare and social programs I pay for and never benefit from. Simply being born in America makes you better off than 80% of the world. If you can't carve out a reasonable existence here, you failed life and you are a leach. I have a line of people waiting to take your citizenship and do better.

I pay sales and property taxes too. I also pay income tax and a litany of other taxes. The 50% of Americans paying no income tax ARE by and large leaches on society, taking far more than they put in.

Social programs have turned into a way of life instead of a temporary means to get back to productivity.

Chef Mickey

There are several more factors that I probably shouldn't go into here. Suffice to say, it's not nearly as simple as you make it out to be.
Unless it's some 1-3% case like assault or failed reasonable (and properly used) contraception, no, it really is as easy as I say.

Remember, I am a human too. There is no secret about conception that you know that us other humans don't, LOL. We all know how it works and a responsible person should be in a complete control at all times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom