Cash for tipping and tolls

kylasaur

I'm taking the family to Disney World in October for the first time. We'll be staying on-site for a week, Sun-Sat. How much cash should be bring for tips and tolls? We're coming from Charlotte down I95, but do plan on visiting my aunt in Tavares.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

For tips, it will depend on who you're tipping, how often you plan to dine out, and whether you prefer to pay cash or hook up a credit card to your MagicBand! We tip Mousekeeping (WDW housekeeping staff) $5 per day, the Magical Express bus driver or busboy who handles our bags $1/bag (otherwise, we do all the bag-toting ourselves) and waitstaff about 20% of our meal cost -- but only the Mousekeeping/bag tips are in cash, so we only bring about $50 cash with us.

As for I-95, no tolls between the Carolinas and Florida: http://www.i95exitguide.com/tolls/

Upvote 0

kylasaur

Original Poster
Do the Magic Bands come off easily? I'd be concerned about losing it and realizing it after it was too late and have to file a dispute with my credit union.

Upvote 0

tlev

We've not had a problem with magic bands staying on. Even my daughter keeps hers on. As for any charges, no one can make any charges with the band unless they know your pin number so if you happen to lose it you don't need to worry about people running up your bill.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

I'm taking the family to Disney World in October for the first time. We'll be staying on-site for a week, Sun-Sat. How much cash should be bring for tips and tolls? We're coming from Charlotte down I95, but do plan on visiting my aunt in Tavares.
We're from gastonia. No tolls the whe way down. The only thing we tip is restaurants, bell service ($10 for a full cart or about $1 a bag). If we are messy or housekeeping does extraordinarily well we tip a couple dollars a day.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Do the Magic Bands come off easily? I'd be concerned about losing it and realizing it after it was too late and have to file a dispute with my credit union.

If you lose a band they'll give a replacement. I'm sure they'll give you a new pin too. Charges are generally accumulated until the last day or so of the trip, so no need to contact the bank.

Upvote 0

SMS55

You stopping at Disney first before making your way to Tamarc? If you come down to Tamarc first, you take 95 all the way and avoid tolls. If you go to Disney first, the trip down to Tamrac is about $16. Either way it will be $16 It is definitely quicker to take the Turnpike from Disney to Tamarac and vise versa.

Upvote 0

kylasaur

Original Poster
You stopping at Disney first before making your way to Tamarc? If you come down to Tamarc first, you take 95 all the way and avoid tolls. If you go to Disney first, the trip down to Tamrac is about $16. Either way it will be $16 It is definitely quicker to take the Turnpike from Disney to Tamarac and vise versa.

We'll be stopping by beforehand and then heading to Downtown Disney for a reservation we have with them. But we may go out there again sometime before we leave.

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We'll be stopping by beforehand and then heading to Downtown Disney for a reservation we have with them. But we may go out there again sometime before we leave.

Also pay attention to other threads about Downtown Disney, under construction. You may need more time to reach that destination for an ADR. Parking is difficult. There is valet parking and if you go that way you might want to add in more cash for that day to cover this expense & tip along with the people you are traveling with. Or check into your resort and park there. Suggest you read up a little on DTD and the latest construction prior to heading down in October.

Welcome to the sight and have fun planning with us.

Upvote 0

iluvMainStMagic

To be safe, we always right down the ID# (and which name) located on the inside of each MB and take it with us. That way, if we did lose one, having the # should help make replacement much easier.
(I think they would just deactivate the lost MB, and then activate the replacement
....speaking of replacements....I believe I've read that there is no charge for at least the first replacement for guests staying on-property, but there is -or used to be- a charge to replace them for those staying off-property. Please correct me if this is wrong.)

Also, I've read that Guest Services might be able to give you a little "band" that you can put on your MB, then when it's snapped closed, just roll the little "band" down over the two ends to help hold them together. I meant to ask about that last trip, but forgot. We've used MB's on 2 trips so far with no problems, but I admit I do check frequently throughout the day to be sure it's still there.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

As for tipping it depends on the amount and the service, typically 15-20%. For tolls I bought a Sun Pass several years ago for $15.00 The shipping was about 50 cents and I got the whole $15.00 in credit for the tolls. It saves money on the tolls and real savings is not having to sit in line to pay the toll. I bought the one that sicks to the windshield, and reload when the balance gets low.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom