Casey's hot dog

jaklgreen

I believe it's popular elsewhere if you say so -- but I lived in Buffalo for several years and was born and raised within a 2-hour drive of the city. Bleu cheese is the traditional accompaniment. Buffalo-style-wings-served-with-ranch is just not something one sees around these parts. Encountering it in other parts of the country feels as strange and discordant to me as if I saw a menu advertising "Southern-style BBQ pork ribs with Swiss meringue buttercream," or "Sushi with grape jelly."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_wing

Well some of us don't eat moldy foods, so blue cheese? No way. :depressed:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Like you said personal preference, i want to feel the burn
For some people, it's not the first burn they're worried about... it's the second...

Do you eat "unmoldy" cheese, and other products like yogurt and sauerkraut? If you do, I've got some bad news for you...

jaklgreen

For some people, it's not the first burn they're worried about... it's the second...

Do you eat "unmoldy" cheese, and other products like yogurt and sauerkraut? If you do, I've got some bad news for you...

I hope you are not trying to say that "all cheese is mold". It is NOT. There is a difference between cultured foods(cheese and yogurt) and pickled foods(sauerkraut), and ones that actually have mold in them. I know exactly how all of these items are made. I have personally made cheese myself. They have to inject the blue cheese with the mold cultures.

Weather_Lady

More for the rest of us to enjoy, then. :)

Q4AkU1u.png

aw14

still miss the pulled pork hotdog. that was my go to lunch the first day of every trip. I had the chili cheese dog, and it was fine, just not my pulled pork :(

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I hope you are not trying to say that "all cheese is mold". It is NOT. There is a difference between cultured foods(cheese and yogurt) and pickled foods(sauerkraut), and ones that actually have mold in them. I know exactly how all of these items are made. I have personally made cheese myself. They have to inject the blue cheese with the mold cultures.
My point was the bacteria...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom