Casey's hot dog

Weather_Lady

Getting back to the OP's question -- I don't know how often they switch the featured hot dog. Three weeks ago in mid-June, the featured hot dog was topped with a concoction of Buffalo chicken and celery in a "garlic ranch" dressing. (Good Lord, is bleu cheese so expensive that Disney must continue to commit the sacrilege of pairing Buffalo chicken with ranch?!??!)

UPDATE: According to the Disney Parks blog on June 30, 2017, the Buffalonian Bowdlerization Dog has now been replaced (huzzah!) by a Cheeseburger Dog
: "the Cheeseburger Hotdog features an all-beef hotdog topped with ground beef caramelized onions, bacon and cheese sauce."

CCCBD497051.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/06/disney-parks-best-bites-june-2017/?dpb

Last edited:

correcaminos

Getting back to the OP's question -- I don't know how often they switch the featured hot dog. Three weeks ago in mid-June, the featured hot dog was topped with a concoction of Buffalo chicken and celery in a "garlic ranch" dressing. (Good Lord, is bleu cheese so expensive that Disney must continue to commit the sacrilege of pairing Buffalo chicken with ranch?!??!)
I think you're missing that this is quite popular and intentional in many regions. Buffalo and ranch is huge, especially for those who are used to eating wings. I see it all the time here. Bleu cheese and buffalo? Not here.

Weather_Lady

I think you're missing that this is quite popular and intentional in many regions. Buffalo and ranch is huge, especially for those who are used to eating wings. I see it all the time here. Bleu cheese and buffalo? Not here.

I believe it's popular elsewhere if you say so -- but I lived in Buffalo for several years and was born and raised within a 2-hour drive of the city. Bleu cheese is the traditional accompaniment. Buffalo-style-wings-served-with-ranch is just not something one sees around these parts. Encountering it in other parts of the country feels as strange and discordant to me as if I saw a menu advertising "Southern-style BBQ pork ribs with Swiss meringue buttercream," or "Sushi with grape jelly."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_wing

Last edited:

correcaminos

I believe it's popular elsewhere if you say so -- I lived in Buffalo for several years and am still located in Upstate NY, and Buffalo-served-with-ranch is just not something one sees around these parts.
Oh it's *very* popular here. Though now that I stop and think Bleu Cheese is an option at some places, but most go for ranch that I forgot at first in my last post.

Ranch is like a whole other side dish here. It goes on like everything :eek: So I apologize on behalf of the region that loves ranch so much they do it that much more on dishes at Disney ;) I'll get hurt for this but while I like ranch I hate it mixed with wings. I actually don't like any sauce with wings.

tare

Original Poster

UPDATE: According to the Disney Parks blog on June 30, 2017, the Buffalonian Bowdlerization Dog has now been replaced (huzzah!) by a Cheeseburger Dog
: "the Cheeseburger Hotdog features an all-beef hotdog topped with ground beef caramelized onions, bacon and cheese sauce."

CCCBD497051.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/06/disney-parks-best-bites-june-2017/?dpb
Oh I hope it the cheeseburger dog for us!!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sometimes I make a trip to MK when visiting just to get a dog at Casey's..... :hungry:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

CCCBD497051.jpg

OMG, that looks amazing! Hope it's still being served when we visit the weekend of August 11th. Yum!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom