Carsland Thread

phinedroid

I took the artwork Disney has posted for Cars Land recently and put together a wallpaper. It's a large widescreen graphic, so you may have to fit it to your screen, but I think I made the important stuff in the non-widescreen area.

Enjoy!

Carslandwallpaper-Copy.jpg

TP2000

phinedroid

Hi All,

Apparently I can't post attachments yet, so here is a link to a Widescreen wallpaper I made using images Disney has released for Cars Land. It's a large image, so you may have to fit it on your screen if you like it. I think all the posters are in the standard monitor area, but must admit I'm not certain of that.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v283/eighthave/?action=view&amp;current=Carslandwallpaper-Copy.jpg" target="_blank">Cars Land Desktop Wallpaper</a>

Enjoy!

Dave

phinedroid

Here is a Cars Land Wallpaper I made using the images Disney has released for it. It is a large widescreen image, so you may have to fit it on your screen. I think all the posters are in the standard screen dimensions, but I'm not positive. Anyway, enjoy!

Cars Land Wallpaper

Dave

sponono88

MintCrocodile has an update today which covers the new Cars Land exhibit at the Blue Sky Cellar. Make sure to click on the link to see the full set of photos, featuring everything from the RSR queue, fastpass machines, models, and a whole lot more!

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2012/03/blue-sky-cellar-road-to-cars-land.html

i-2qwg9s6-M.jpg

Luigi's Flying Tires queue:

i-M7QKB2s-M.jpg

i-mPGSCnC-M.jpg

i-wVS4kG3-M.jpg

Radiator Springs Racers entrance marquee:

i-RC7RSHV-M.jpg

i-Nz6gw72-M.jpg

Click here to see the full set of photos: http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2012/03/blue-sky-cellar-road-to-cars-land.html

dweezil78

From the latest Blue Sky Cellar update -- I know this is older concept art judging by the car design.... but ugh, are they really planning on using the same gags/scenes from Test Track in this thing?!?

030412-dca050-lrg.jpg

TP2000

From the latest Blue Sky Cellar update -- I know this is older concept art judging by the car design.... but ugh, are they really planning on using the same gags/scenes from Test Track in this thing?!?

I think that's the Ramone's scene, and obviously there's a gag where your car gets "painted" by Ramone.

I'd rather have this robot-paint gag with Ramone as the host instead of two charmless faux GM technicians as the hosts.

Test Track Vehicle passing through paint booth for 4 seconds...
Charmless GM Technician #1: "Did you remember to turn off those robots?"
Charmless GM Technician #2: "Uh..."

Fun! Whimsy! General Motors!

Instead, let's see what Ramone can cook up inside his House of Body Art using this same type of gag. Besides, the vast majority of West Coast/Pacific Rim visitors to Disneyland will have never been on Test Track.

TP2000

If it has a grand opening date of June 15th, what are the odds of a soft opening in May?

Slim to none. Both Buena Vista Street and Cars Land are rumored to remain behind construction walls until just a few days before the Grand Opening.

dweezil78

I know, I get what it is. My point is that if they're including a re-skinned gag from a ride that's 15 years old that wasn't any good the first time, what does that mean for the creativity elsewhere in the new attraction? Surely there are enough original, great ideas out there that Imagineering didn't need to borrow from Test Track. If they think they can recycle this stuff because not that many visitors to DCA have been on Test Track, that is a pretty lazy way of doing things given how much work and money was poured into this thing.

I think that's the Ramone's scene, and obviously there's a gag where your car gets "painted" by Ramone.

I'd rather have this robot-paint gag with Ramone as the host instead of two charmless faux GM technicians as the hosts.

Instead, let's see what Ramone can cook up inside his House of Body Art using this same type of gag. Besides, the vast majority of West Coast/Pacific Rim visitors to Disneyland will have never been on Test Track.

Cosmic Commando

I know, I get what it is. My point is that if they're including a re-skinned gag from a ride that's 15 years old that wasn't any good the first time, what does that mean for the creativity elsewhere in the new attraction? Surely there are enough original, great ideas out there that Imagineering didn't need to borrow from Test Track. If they think they can recycle this stuff because not that many visitors to DCA have been on Test Track, that is a pretty lazy way of doing things given how much work and money was poured into this thing.

That isn't paint in Test Track. It's part of the environmental tests: heat, cold, and corrosion. It's acid; one of the (surprisingly) two Disney attractions where you get sprayed with "acid".

Obviously, the physical setup and the AA's will be similar, but I think it's tough to say where the actual inspiration for the scene came from. I mean, going to Ramone's is definitely an experience that would be cool to have from the movie; I don't think it's a square peg in a round hole here.

Don't forget that this isn't just a simple gag. They'll have some iteration of super hi-def projectors to make it look like your car actually IS painted a different color... neat effect.

~Gee, I hope nobody's allergic to acid.~

Disneyfanman

It does sound like the mechanics of the scene are similar, but so what??? Wait until we see the finished product. I personally can't wait to experience it.

TP2000

Obviously, the physical setup and the AA's will be similar, but I think it's tough to say where the actual inspiration for the scene came from. I mean, going to Ramone's is definitely an experience that would be cool to have from the movie; I don't think it's a square peg in a round hole here.

Don't forget that this isn't just a simple gag. They'll have some iteration of super hi-def projectors to make it look like your car actually IS painted a different color... neat effect.

Yeah, I don't think this is anything to be worried about. It would be like saying Splash Mountain is a tired copy of Pirates of the Caribbean because it has a drop effect during the ride.

The always wonderful Dateline Disneyland update this week has some good aerial shots from the Fun Wheel taken last weekend. It looks like construction on Cars Land, and especially Radiator Springs Racers, has wrapped up and the ride is cosmetically complete. It won't be long now!

http://micechat.com/blogs/dateline-...ne-15-buena-vista-cars-land-details-more.html

IMG0245-XL.jpg

dweezil78

Yeah, I don't think this is anything to be worried about. It would be like saying Splash Mountain is a tired copy of Pirates of the Caribbean because it has a drop effect during the ride.

Oh c'mon. I'm not a hater by any stretch of the imagination, but that's so not what this is like. It'd be more like if Splash Mountain had a scene at the end with Brer Bear and Fox in jail trying to get a key from Brer Rabbit.

Based on the concept art (I have no idea what made it into the actual ride), this is quite literally a re-skinned scene from Test Track. Why even bother having ANY of the same setup when there was more than enough budget and time to come up with something 110% brand new? It's not like the Test Track gag was some universally loved scene that the Disney fans were just clamoring to have on the west coast.

The rumored budget for this attraction alone is, what, 350 Million dollars? There shouldn't be a single drop of this ride that isn't completely unique IMO with those kind of dollars.

Sorry to come across as a crotchety naysayer, but that kind of bums me out...

TP2000

Sorry to come across as a crotchety naysayer, but that kind of bums me out...

You're not crotchety, and I get what you are saying.

But I'm thinking of this gag as almost a prerequisite for having Ramone appear in the ride. All of the core group of Radiator Springs, the dozen characters that live there, appear in Radiator Springs Racers at least once. Ramone had to be there, and going into his paint shop is part of the mechanical and logistical setup required to get the cars into racing formation side by side.

If your car goes into Ramone's, what would you expect to happen? Obviously, getting a new paint job is his thing, just as getting new tires in Luigi's is also the thing that literally has to happen when your car goes inside his shop. If I went into Luigi's shop in a full-size car and I wasn't offered new tires, I'd be mad! :lol:

Yes, the robot painter it's a gimmick that's been done before in Test Track. Except in Test Track you are going through a wacky "corrosion test" while being hosted by two very dull and boring General Motors technicians. In Ramone's you'll be going through a paint booth and Ramone will be there in some form as your host for that segment of the ride.

I'll take Ramone and his paint booth over two unknown GM tech-nerds and a short corrosion test any day.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
D23 has posted some great pictures from with in Cars Land.

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2012/...ey-california-adventures-expansion-in-photos/

Some of the food offerings that will open with Cars Land

A particular thing to notice the "chili cone carne" reminds me of this http://www.parkeology.com/2010/08/talk-to-hand.html

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...at-cars-land-at-disneys-california-adventure/
The adorable Cozy Cone Motel is a quick-service restaurant inspired by the quirky “wigwam” motels along Route 66. In the Cars Land version, each wigwam offers a different filled cone, such as “chili cone carne” or “cone on the cob.” Flavored popcorn is a fun offering at one of the five wigwams, including salt and vinegar, pickle, sweet and spicy, bacon and cheddar, and nacho cheese.

Five different flavored popcorns, sounds like were in TDR. The bacon and cheddar popcorn recently made an appearance in NOS for New Orleans Bayou Bash!

TP2000

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom