Carsland DLP

AswaySuller

Original Poster
Hi all,

I work for an affiliate of Disney and was told today that Carsland was coming to Disneyland Paris.
Is this common knowledge as this was the first I had heard... although I'm not very up to date on Disneyland Paris at all?

HolleBolleGijs

I've seen this idea thrown around a few times as a way to revitalize the studios, but never seriously. As others have mentioned, there *is* already a cars attraction, and because of the layout it would be weird/impossible to build a Carsland around that. So if they did, it would be have to be totally separate.

peep

I can't see them getting Carsland any time soon. The latest rumour I read regarding Cars was part of the Tram Tour being re-themed to Cars. Doesn't really make sense what with that fun family ride that has already been mentioned being just outside it. Time will tell I suppose.

AndyS2992

I know they're having financial issues, but I think the climate is a bigger issue for Splash Mountain.
Yeah but all the theme parks in the UK have log flumes and the UK is way colder than France. The summer months in France are baking hot, not so much in the UK. Tokyo Disneyland also has Splash Mountain and it is freezing there in the winter, so climate is just an excuse. Theme parks in Spain, Germany, Italy, Norway, Switzerland, in fact every Euroepean country has log flumes. Parc Asterix which is just down the the road from Disneyland Paris has several outdoor water rides, so why do they have them but Disneyland doesn't? Money is the reason.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Yeah but all the theme parks in the UK have log flumes and the UK is way colder than France. The summer months in France are baking hot, not so much in the UK. Tokyo Disneyland also has Splash Mountain and it is freezing there in the winter, so climate is just an excuse. Theme parks in Spain, Germany, Italy, Norway, Switzerland, in fact every European country has log flumes. Parc Asterix which is just down the the road from Dismeyland Paris has several outdoor water rides, so why do they have them but Disneyland doesn't? Money is the reason.
Quite right. But Parc Asterix is closed eight months of the year. Most other North European theme parks are seasonal too.

I think the long answer to WDSP Cars Land is 'no'.

HolleBolleGijs

Yeah but all the theme parks in the UK have log flumes and the UK is way colder than France. The summer months in France are baking hot, not so much in the UK. Tokyo Disneyland also has Splash Mountain and it is freezing there in the winter, so climate is just an excuse. Theme parks in Spain, Germany, Italy, Norway, Switzerland, in fact every Euroepean country has log flumes. Parc Asterix which is just down the the road from Disneyland Paris has several outdoor water rides, so why do they have them but Disneyland doesn't? Money is the reason.

You have a point about Tokyo.

Parc Astérix closes in early November, and I'm sure that's true for other non-Disney parks, as well. I was just thinking about de Efteling in the Netherlands. Their water-related rides (De Vliegende Hollander, Pirana) are closed during the winter months (again, early November). But, they have some fun offerings to make up for it, such as an ice skating rink and campfires (with warm stroopwafels! yum!).

All that being said, I'm sure it's a combination of both climate and money. Splash Mountain is a much larger investment than "normal" flume rides at other parks, and it just wouldn't be practical at this point.

The latest rumour I read regarding Cars was part of the Tram Tour being re-themed to Cars.

I heard rumors yesterday that Catastrophe Canyon might get a Cars makeover, which I am wholeheartedly against.

Spike-in-Berlin

Well the "Cars attraction" in DLP, to be moe precise in WDS, is nothing even near Carsland, it`s a B-Ticket mostly for kids of the scale of Mad Teaparty in a very small area, a (very) cheap version of Maters Junkyard Jamboree in DCA. This would definitely not be any reason whatsoever to not build a Carsland in DLP. The main reason is the money, they didn`t add a single attraction to the roster of the DLP-Park since the 90ies because the park still is not exactly a cash cow. And even the new Ratatouille ride in WDS is really nice but quite small in scale, no E-Ticket like RSR in Carsland.

HolleBolleGijs

Well the "Cars attraction" in DLP, to be moe precise in WDS, is nothing even near Carsland, it`s a B-Ticket mostly for kids of the scale of Mad Teaparty in a very small area, a (very) cheap version of Maters Junkyard Jamboree in DCA. This would definitely not be any reason whatsoever to not build a Carsland in DLP. The main reason is the money, they didn`t add a single attraction to the roster of the DLP-Park since the 90ies because the park still is not exactly a cash cow. And even the new Ratatouille ride in WDS is really nice but quite small in scale, no E-Ticket like RSR in Carsland.

It's not much, but it is quite fun for what it is - surprisingly so. I do think it would be awkward if you have that singular ride, and then somewhere else in the park have a whole land dedicated to Cars. If Carsland happened (although I think they should do something else totally unique like they did with Ratatouille), I hope they would end up closing Cars Race Rally.

The Ratatouille "mini-land" small, but I wouldn't say the ride is small in scale. The attraction is top-notch and totally different from anything in either of the parks. The area, including the restaurant and shop, is exquisitely themed. Size doesn't always matter...

Spike-in-Berlin

It's not much, but it is quite fun for what it is - surprisingly so. I do think it would be awkward if you have that singular ride, and then somewhere else in the park have a whole land dedicated to Cars. If Carsland happened (although I think they should do something else totally unique like they did with Ratatouille), I hope they would end up closing Cars Race Rally.

The Ratatouille "mini-land" small, but I wouldn't say the ride is small in scale. The attraction is top-notch and totally different from anything in either of the parks. The area, including the restaurant and shop, is exquisitely themed. Size doesn't always matter...

Actually it is the ONLY part of WDS that is exquisitely themed, I was shocked by the cheap and barren appearance of most of the parks areas.

orlando678-

I dont get the critics. I love dlp and i love the theming. For me its magical to walk around the areas. Even at wdsp, the areas feel studio like for me and I think its a pity that people want the themes to change to moving into movie worlds rather than looking behind the scenes, eventhough its not an actual studio.

FigmentForver96

I dont get the critics. I love dlp and i love the theming. For me its magical to walk around the areas. Even at wdsp, the areas feel studio like for me and I think its a pity that people want the themes to change to moving into movie worlds rather than looking behind the scenes, eventhough its not an actual studio.
Everything is tacky and the studio theme is just the cheap way of doing things. The studio theme can work, and for a short time the Backlot at MGM Was pretty neat.

WDSP suffers from major cuts, and cheap ways to add rides. You have cardboard facades on rides with large spaces of barren concrete between. Working movie studios are better then this park. Not that it can't be better as the remy section is great, but one good deed doesn't undo the many bad ones.

orlando678-

I actually think that it fits the theme and for me It's still not the worst Disney park ever. Also many people who have critiques have never been to Paris and that's what I find weird. I personally think that Hong Kong is the worst Disney park its all copies, but they are improving now. I still go to dlp after 11 times and everytime I still fall in love with what the imagineers have done here. I would hate to see the studio theme go, there just needs to be added more stuff to do.

Professor_Jason

I'd love to see Cars Land under a blanket of snow. I love DLP and wouldn't mind seeing a version of Cars Land there. Cars Land is HUGE, every time I walk in there the scale it reminds me of what it was like to be a little kid at Disneyland

Spike-in-Berlin

I actually think that it fits the theme and for me It's still not the worst Disney park ever. Also many people who have critiques have never been to Paris and that's what I find weird. I personally think that Hong Kong is the worst Disney park its all copies, but they are improving now. I still go to dlp after 11 times and everytime I still fall in love with what the imagineers have done here. I would hate to see the studio theme go, there just needs to be added more stuff to do.

I have been to DLP twice, in 1996 and in 2014 and while I definitely changed my opinion about the Disneyland-Park, which I actually liked quite a lot (although it is an unbelievable shame, that there has been not a SINGLE MAJOR ADDITION since my visit 1996!) WDS was just every single bit as cheap, ugly and without any true inspiration as I had feared after all the negative comments. As orlando678 wrote, a single good area, the Ratatouille ride area, doesn't excuse all the other cheap and warehouse style areas, e.g. Crushs Coaster.

Spike-in-Berlin

I'd love to see Cars Land under a blanket of snow. I love DLP and wouldn't mind seeing a version of Cars Land there. Cars Land is HUGE, every time I walk in there the scale it reminds me of what it was like to be a little kid at Disneyland

That would be a reason to visit DLP far more often but with the Paris weather it is highly unlikely that they woudl build a southwestern US-style land there, not to talk about the costs which they will never invest there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom