Cars Land Mistake?

WED99

Original Poster
Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but I did while I was at Cars Land recently. Inside Doc Hudson's Medical Center, on the wall is different newspaper articles talking about his Piston Cup wins. It says that he started in 1955 (I think, may be wrong about year) and won the Piston Cup then won it in 56 and 57. It also said he was the first rookie to win the Piston Cup. But hold on...

Wasn't that supposed to be Lightning McQueen in the first movie?

I'm sure that's what they kept saying! If this mistake is right then I suggest they fix it immediately! Anyone else noticed it?

thomas998

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but I did while I was at Cars Land recently. Inside Doc Hudson's Medical Center, on the wall is different newspaper articles talking about his Piston Cup wins. It says that he started in 1955 (I think, may be wrong about year) and won the Piston Cup then won it in 56 and 57. It also said he was the first rookie to win the Piston Cup. But hold on...

Wasn't that supposed to be Lightning McQueen in the first movie?

I'm sure that's what they kept saying! If this mistake is right then I suggest they fix it immediately! Anyone else noticed it?

I doubt anyone really cares. Most people don't even read those types of things they are I think more aimed at kids than people that would actually bother trying to sync them up to the movies.

lazyboy97o

I doubt anyone really cares. Most people don't even read those types of things they are I think more aimed at kids than people that would actually bother trying to sync them up to the movies.
Just adding the new poles for garland was a whole design ordeal, these details are not frivolous.

worldfanatic

Actually, in these circles, people do care.
Good spot WED99!!
Hope somebody fixes that.
That type of mistake is OK for Universal Studios or Six Flags...........not Disney.

Californian Elitist

Actually, in these circles, people do care.
Good spot WED99!!
Hope somebody fixes that.
That type of mistake is OK for Universal Studios or Six Flags...........not Disney.

This kind of mistake is not okay for ANY theme park. Geezus... *slaps palm to forehead*

Seriously, this site needs a big fat 'DISLIKE' or 'FAIL' button. Guaranteed, I'd be using that button more often than the 'like' button.

Taylor

One thing I noticed on the gas pumps at flo's it says Tulsa oil but in the movie it says Texas oil (but hey Tulsa is better anyway ;))

WED99

Original Poster
It does matter in an area that is so true to its inspiration! A lot of people read those things, and it's very obvious to tell its a mistake.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It does matter in an area that is so true to its inspiration! A lot of people read those things, and it's very obvious to tell its a mistake.

Yeah, with the amount of detail that went into Carsland things like this are important. I remember reading an extensive debate on a message board about whether the population listed on the Radiator Springs sign was correct.

Mickey1984

Was Doc Hudson not a rookie then? I can't remember things exactly but wasn't this t whole point behind it that Lightning was trying to "emulate" Doc? Can't remember if he was a rookie or not though?

WED99

Original Poster
Doc was a rookie, he had to be. The problem was thy said lightning was going o be the first rookie to win the piston cup but the newspaper said Doc won in his first year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom