Cars 3 Teaser

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I am actually kind of looking forward to this one.

I have a feeling what will make it or break it for me is how the "millennial" stereotype is portrayed. If they go full on "old guy complaining about these kids and their phones today" viewpoint then I can all but guarantee that I will not like it.

Jackson is seems to represent all the negative stereotypes about Millennials and Cruz seems to be the positive side. Hopefully they will be going in a sports star trying to retire gracefully direction.

Sped2424

Jackson is seems to represent all the negative stereotypes about Millennials and Cruz seems to be the positive side. Hopefully they will be going in a sports star trying to retire gracefully direction.
I dont see the millenial reference exactly i think its more New school vs old school in Sports. Which i understand is similar but this is something not exclusive to millennials. Every generation is always going to have new talent who are outdoing their predecessors!

Disneyfanman

Quick question. Why does everyone hate Cars 2?

Just my opinion.......

I watched it and it "felt" to me like they completely abandoned the emotional themes from Cars 1 that I connected with. It really irritated me because I expected more. To be fair, I felt the same way about Despicable Me 2. Everything I loved about the first film was tossed aside in favor of manic humor.

I know of many young kids (particularly boys) who LOVED Cars 2, and their parents who appreciated it. I'm just used to Pixar making movies for everyone, and not just a small group. My kids are long grown. I see Disney / Pixar movies for me these days. And Cars 2 was made for kids IMHO.

And that's why I don't like Cars 2.

Now the teaser for Cars 3................I'm optimistic.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/24/cars-3-nathan-fillion-new-character-explained/

Nathan Fillion's character -

In Pixar’s Cars 3, Fillion voices Sterling, a suave chief executive coupe who becomes the new sponsor of once-glorious racer Lightning McQueen

upload_2017-4-24_22-0-51.png

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
im just so indifferent to this franchise I truly feel there was no need to continue it. I wonder if this film will be successful as I have heard 0 buzz on it.
The 2nd one was blah, IMO. But they make tons of $$$$ off of products and it's Pixar so the movie makes money too. I was watching the new reality contest The Toy Box and one of the mentors is the head of toys for Pixar. she has mentioned more than once that Cars toys are their biggest sellers.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The 2nd one was blah, IMO. But they make tons of $$$$ off of products and it's Pixar so the movie makes money too. I was watching the new reality contest The Toy Box and one of the mentors is the head of toys for Pixar. she has mentioned more than once that Cars toys are their biggest sellers.
And by a pretty large margin from what I am lead to believe.

Even if Cars 3 completely tanks, they will still be using dump trucks to make cash deposits from the toy line.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
im just so indifferent to this franchise I truly feel there was no need to continue it. I wonder if this film will be successful as I have heard 0 buzz on it.
I'll be there most likely opening weekend but I also have two kids. There are kids movies I won't see though, they have to peek my interest for me to take the kids. I'm not sitting through Boss Baby no matter how much I love the Alamo Drafthouse

Bairstow

So much for the absurdly serious and dramatic tone of the first teaser. I guess you don't sell as much die-cast steel when the kids are near tears.

Phroobar

I saw it last night with the kids. We enjoyed it and the story was pretty good. It's much better than Cars 2 and has less Matter. I like that they brought the Car Guys back from their NPR show. Ray did most of the talking since Tom died a few years ago. Cruz Ramirez is McQueen's trainer helping him get back into shape to go against the new cars for one last race before forced retirement. McQueen wants to decided when he will retire and tries to win the race to prove the point. She helps him train Rocky 4 style but ends up being mentored by McQueen instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom