Carrying your mobile phone through the parks

JohnD

Original Poster
Since Disney is encouraging us to download and use their MyDisneyExperience mobile app throughout the parks, this seemed like the right place to ask this question: How do you carry your mobile phone?

I have a belt clip but am afraid to use it being surrounded by thousands of people. It's not that I don't trust anyone. I'm thinking the phone could fall out, get trampled on by accident, etc.

What about rides? Do you put it in your backback with the backback at your feet, especially on the "mountains"?

Suggestions?

Lucky

Always in a front pocket, where it won't fall out, won't get crushed, and cannot be stolen by anyone.
I used to do that more when I had a smaller phone. My iPhone5 is too big to carry in a front pocket. Plus if it turns out that cell phones really do cause cancer, I'd rather not get cancer of the, uh, front pocket region.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I used to do that more when I had a smaller phone. My iPhone5 is too big to carry in a front pocket. Plus if it turns out that cell phones really do cause cancer, I'd rather not get cancer of the, uh, front pocket region.
Hmmm, my iPhone 5 fits with no problems. Of course, I always wear loose shorts or jeans when I go. Obviously we won't really ever know if cell phones cause cancer (at least not for decades), but I cannot see how with the low power transmitters. But I guess, time will tell. I, for one, will not worry about it, though I do not have to worry about having kids anymore, since ours are almost ready to venture out on their own! Waiting for grandkids soon!

awoogala

Since Disney is encouraging us to download and use their MyDisneyExperience mobile app throughout the parks, this seemed like the right place to ask this question: How do you carry your mobile phone?

I have a belt clip but am afraid to use it being surrounded by thousands of people. It's not that I don't trust anyone. I'm thinking the phone could fall out, get trampled on by accident, etc.

What about rides? Do you put it in your backback with the backback at your feet, especially on the "mountains"?

Suggestions?

We are dorks, and wear packs. Easiest thing I have found. I put in my wallet, my phone, snacks, water bottle. Good to go for the day, never have to take it off on rides, don't lose a thing.

Zipadeelady

We are dorks, and wear packs. Easiest thing I have found. I put in my wallet, my phone, snacks, water bottle. Good to go for the day, never have to take it off on rides, don't lose a thing.
I never owned a pack and find myself envying your "dorkiness" :). I've always used a slingback backpack (if that's even what they are called) but find my underarms get sore after a few hours. Anyways....my phone goes in my backpack.

awoogala

I never owned a pack and find myself envying your "dorkiness" :). I've always used a slingback backpack (if that's even what they are called) but find my underarms get sore after a few hours. Anyways....my phone goes in my backpack.
I even have a mickey pack..lol extra cool factor. I mainly wear it so I don't have to plop it in the roller coaster pouches.. there is no way I would remember to grab it every time!

JohnD

Original Poster
Front pocket, but thats 100% of the time anyway. but i have gotten in the habit of frisking my pockets at unload and do inventory.....you know...like austen powers....."Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch"

I should modify my statement that I carry my phone in a case/clip with a magnetic flap. I would probably unclip it from my belt and put it in my front pocket already inside the case. Thanks for the tip.

JohnD

Original Poster
I should modify my statement that I carry my phone in a case/clip with a magnetic flap. I would probably unclip it from my belt and put it in my front pocket already inside the case. Thanks for the tip.

This is the case/clip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 80

jkl2000

I'll just be holding mine and checking my Faspass+ reservations nonstop.

Seriously though, probably in the inner pocket of a backpack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom