1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Carry on bags query

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by travelling_techie, Feb 16, 2017.

1. travelling_techie

travelling_techie New Member

Hi all
    Sorry if this seems a silly question but I can't find a proper answer anywhere. According to official sites you are allowed up to two checked suitcases and one carry on bag per passenger. I know the size limit for the carry on ( 22 inches wide, 14 inches high, and 9 inches deep), but want to know are you really limited to just one bag or can you carry additional items (e.g. could you have a small roller case and a back-pack)
    Cheers
    TT

2. jme

jme Well-Known Member

I've personally boarded the ships with a bookbag and a rolling carry-on. That being said I was traveling with another adult so it was kind of a wash. I certainly didn't turn any heads though.
    Keep in mind you will be boarding the ship several hours before your room is accessible so you will have to lug this stuff around with you everywhere you go! During this time (after you board, before your room is ready) you will likely be grabbing some lunch at Cabanas, getting in line for reservations (Palo, Remy, and/or Mixology classes), getting in line for guest services (adding on-board credits, etc.)
    I try to keep it to just a bookbag whenever possible

travelling_techie likes this.
  3. pilka214

pilka214 Active Member

I know disney has pretty tight security check, so i think the bag size and number of bags is limited in order to allow them to pass through the X-ray machines at the port... last time I sailed Disney I carried on a backpack and a large sidebag.

travelling_techie likes this.
  4. travelling_techie

travelling_techie New Member Original Poster

Thanks guys.