Carousel of Progress Update

Andsome

Original Poster
As per a recent POV of COP I saw, I noticed a new picture on Mother's desk in the last scene, and it looks like they made the Father in the scene look more realistic. Any other things that I overlooked?
Here's the Video (Courtesy of Theme Park Addicts):

Last edited:

rct247

The video quality and angle make it hard to tell if the attraction is in top notch quality or not, but from what I can see it looks decent.

• The sound is very muffled in areas.
  • The lighting looks like it could use some work.
  • The pumpkin with the face moved from the table to the top of the fridge in the 3rd act.
  • New Christmas decorations and presents in the 4th act.
  • Is mother's laptop supposed to have anything on the screen?
  • Father in the 2nd act is look much better than he has in the past.
  • The rug under father in that 2nd act looks like it needs to be replaced.
  • Did it rain in the first act?
  • The blinds are finally not crooked in the 3rd act.
Those are my observations.

Andsome

Original Poster
  • Is mother's laptop supposed to have anything on the screen?

It originally DID work, but when the ride was neglected during its seasonal run, it no longer worked. When it worked, it displayed a transcript of the final act.
  • Father in the 2nd act is look much better than he has in the past.

You should've seen how awful he looked back when the ride was seasonal back in the early-mid 2000s. It looked like his hair was thinning!

Goofyernmost

I see that the daughter is still showing signs of dementia by mentioning car phones.
And there, my friend, you have the history of progress up to that point. We don't need her to say cell phones or smart phones or tablets, etc. because we live with them everyday. What the young people of today need is something to show them what it was like in the past and that is the new job that the CoP does. It has evolved into another mission. Epcot should be showing the present and the future. Magic Kingdom, not so much.

JohnD

As per a recent POV of COP I saw, I noticed a new picture on Mother's desk in the last scene, and it looks like they made the Father in the scene look more realistic. Any other things that I overlooked?
Here's the Video:

Thank you for the video. Why the horrible angle? It's not like every seat was taken.

MaxW

sadly no. i wasnt alive for the "glory days" of the disney company. my first family trip was in 2000.

prberk

sadly no. i wasnt alive for the "glory days" of the disney company. my first family trip was in 2000.

They used to be world famous for not having one light out on Main Street, and having NO gum or chipped paint in lines for more than one night. They even had business school classes that taught about doing things "The Disney Way," with customer service excellence as setting such a standard that people learned to expect it and became loyal customers. They attracted people who would accept lower wages of the amusement park industry because of the experience of working there and gaining experience that they could take elsewhere later or grow with through the company.

But mostly they had a reputation for cleanliness and going above and beyond, both in service and in attraction design. To be honest, that is one main reason that many of us became so loyal. We saw that, and "got it," and we still see the possibility of it.

The tide seemed most to turn when Eisner brought in the Strategic Management group, mostly MBAs who had no experience with "The Disney Way." They held a lot of sway, from what I understand; and more and more departments had to put things through the strategic planners before projects or budgets could be approved. Not sure it was exactly this way -- and financial review is good -- but it seemed to put a damper on the corporate culture of excellence, and their reputation has suffered a lot more than it should have, even with healthy review by "outsiders".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom