Carousel of Progress exterior refurbishment

Raineman

I really hope that all of the exterior and interior improvements add up to more people experiencing CoP again, or for the first time. I think that too often, especially among the newer, "park commando" set, CoP gets overlooked, sitting there all lonely in the corner of TL. I didn't expect my 10 year old DD to like it for those same reasons, but she did. I will admit, though, that when we went on CoP back in March, there were a total of 5 people in our theater, which was a bit strange, but cool at the same time, kind of like having the attraction all to yourself.

If that's true I'm actually very surprised it cost that little. Painting an average house can cost a couple grand these days. COP is a very large building and this wasn't a simple paint job at all. I would have imagined it would cost significantly more than that.

I agree, that actually seems a bit low to me.
I would like to apologize, I don't know what I was reading yesterday. Around 13 grand is for concrete work... I can't say the actual cost, but it higher then 13. Painting was around 65 Thousand (Bump that price up). I hope you guys have a great big beautiful day! :)

I really hope that all of the exterior and interior improvements add up to more people experiencing CoP again, or for the first time. I think that too often, especially among the newer, "park commando" set, CoP gets overlooked, sitting there all lonely in the corner of TL. I didn't expect my 10 year old DD to like it for those same reasons, but she did. I will admit, though, that when we went on CoP back in March, there were a total of 5 people in our theater, which was a bit strange, but cool at the same time, kind of like having the attraction all to yourself.
Hourly counts have been way up. You might get a few full theaters in a row, but then they might fill around 180 for a few then back to a full house. lol

MOXOMUMD

Every time we go through the HM graveyard, I'm hoping we'll stop at the singing busts or the banquet scene. Of course, if we were stuck at Burning Rome, I'd probably breathe in that scent so fast I'd hyperventilate myself into a coma!
We were stopped just entering the graveyard scene for over ten minutes. The sound stopped, the lights came up and we were told twice to remain seated. The only thing moving was a skull popping up from behind a tombstone and it was eerily quiet. Then the ride, lights down and sound instantly started and scared the crap out of us. We still laugh about that.

Chef Mickey

Nothing new happening during the July refurb except, new seating and carpeting for theaters 1,2,3, and 5 and new signage. If they get everything done, they might put the new queue monitors in during the July refurb... But keep in mind the new queue monitors are planned for September. They're also planning on programming the outside lighting (Now that it's LED Color Changing, like the TTA lights.), the TTA lights around the carousel and the bottom ring lights will be synchronized together. But that's all I'm going to say about the lighting, I don't wanna giveaway that many surprises. I hope everyone has a great big beautiful day! :)
What about theater 4?

TP2000

It's funny how the 1964 Last Scene looks a lot more like present day than the current one... Well except for the electronics...

Agreed. If a modern designer were to redo the last scene in 2016, they would likely have Eames lounge chairs and Saarinen dining sets with Hollywood Regency Style sofa and decor pieces and bright color scheme. For 2016 inspiration, see any Virgin Atlantic Upper Class airport lounge in the country or any good boutique hotel in Palm Springs. The "modern" Act IV house of 2016 would look a lot more like the 1960's version of the ride than the hippy-dippy 1974 or clunky techno 1994 version.

The 1964 World's Fair version of Act IV
2012nywf4.jpg

The Virgin Atlantic Upper Class departure lounge at LAX in 2016
virgin-atlantic-losangeles-lounge-2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom