Carousel of Progress Closed

disneyfan1313

Original Poster
Uh. This took me by supprise. It closed until further notice starting today (sunday). This actually really supprised me since it is "Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress" and we are celebrating walt this year..

Whatever.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by disneyfan1313
Uh. This took me by supprise. It closed until further notice starting today (sunday). This actually really supprised me since it is "Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress" and we are celebrating walt this year..

Whatever.

Yep that the same news I got from one of my mailing list!:(

markymark

I feel so down now :cry: For some unknown reason, I didn't go on it this year - WHAT A WASTE! I'll be gutted if it is closed forever.

:cry:

Grim Grinner

I had a feeling...

It was the first ride I rode when I got to the park on Oct. 13. I enjoyed it and its whisical follies. When the ride stopped at the end, my friend Carole and I looked at it with a sense of saddness. Somehow we knew that we'd never ride it again.

The Living Seas, we were fortunate to ride that too. Factor in that Imagination is gone, and Space won't be ready until 2003, means that Epcot is missing even more! Aaagh.

At least I got a bunch of pictures of the outside of the Carousel.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I actually made sure I rode it when we were down there last month. I had never gone on it, and I had a feeling if I didn't go then, that I would never get the chance. I'm glad I did now....but sad to see it go.

Although, to be honest, it wasn't a surprise to me. :(

mandib

OH NO! That was the one ride that my dad actually enjoyed! His Disney trip is ruined and it hasn't even started yet!

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by wdwmagic
:( the news coming out of WDW just keeps getting worse and worse :(

You know what Steve you absolutely right! There hasnt been good news going on at Disney for awhile now! That why there getting ready to get a letter from Darth Rod!:fork:

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by markymark
I feel so down now :cry: For some unknown reason, I didn't go on it this year - WHAT A WASTE! I'll be gutted if it is closed forever.

:cry:

Marky I did the exact same thing and didnt do it on my last trip! Now thats something I'll regret alway!:(

disney_nutter

im hear in florida on my hols and will going to mk and wednesday. im am so gutted and i wil try and find out more oh and on a brighter note this time share place im at is amazing:rolleyes:

markymark

Originally posted by disney_nutter
im hear in florida on my hols and will going to mk and wednesday. im am so gutted and i wil try and find out more oh and on a brighter note this time share place im at is amazing:rolleyes:

Glad you are having fun "nutter", shame you just missed CoP - try to find out if it's a permenant closure or not - Cheers

OKWMEMBER

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife and I are leaving for WDW Saturday. We've been getting more and more depressed with each piece of news but this is too much!!!:cry: I first rode CoP at the 1964-65 New York Worlds Fair so it's like an old friend to me. What a way to celebrate Walt's birthday! I'll have to take some pictures to post here.

I grieve with you.

Gary and Gail

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom