Carousel Inn Closing?

Stevek

Don't forget about ignoring us all.
tumblr_inline_msglp9dNoj1qz4rgp.gif

OliveMcFly

Just got this in an email.

View attachment 156010
I got that yesterday as well. I stayed here for my first full trip to DLR and really enjoyed it. Sad to see it go. I never really thought about them taking the Good Neighbors to expand the park but it makes sense. More hotels may be on their way out for DLR Value or Moderate Resorts. You never know! (although I'm sure someone here does ;))

Phroobar

I got that yesterday as well. I stayed here for my first full trip to DLR and really enjoyed it. Sad to see it go. I never really thought about them taking the Good Neighbors to expand the park but it makes sense. More hotels may be on their way out for DLR Value or Moderate Resorts. You never know! (although I'm sure someone here does ;))
Sure. People are building bigger hotels near the park now to replace the lost beds. Now I can see why they didn't want Garden Walk.

Phroobar

Do you think DLR could ever expand to be similar to the resorts WDW offers?
I think that is the plan to someday have one connected area like WDW. I can see in the future all of the resort connecting to the Toy Story parking lot without outside vendors/hotels. It would be a trip if they someday built theme park OVER Harbor Blvd making it one dark tunnel.

OliveMcFly

I think that is the plan to someday have one connected area like WDW. I can see in the future all of the resort connecting to the Toy Story parking lot without outside vendors/hotels. It would be a trip if they someday built theme park OVER Harbor Blvd making it one dark tunnel.
Ooh, interesting. A themed dark tunnel...Hogwarts Express does it now.

Jahona

Do you think DLR could ever expand to be similar to the resorts WDW offers?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The land value around DLR is high and owners of that land know they can get a premium if they sell to Disney. Disney buys what they can but I don't think DLR will ever be an all inclusive location like WDW is. It's just to enclosed by a city.

OliveMcFly

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The land value around DLR is high and owners of that land know they can get a premium if they sell to Disney. Disney buys what they can but I don't think DLR will ever be an all inclusive location like WDW is. It's just to enclosed by a city.
That's a good point. These hotels have it good, they'll always sell. It will be interesting to see what happens over the decades.

Phroobar

That's a good point. These hotels have it good, they'll always sell. It will be interesting to see what happens over the decades.
They will sell eventually or Disney will get the city to take them. I just hope Disneyland stays popular that far into the future.

rle4lunch

we've stayed at every DLR resort and probably 6 of the outlying motel/hotels around DLR, some were real dumps. I could only wish they'd be demolished, but people keep frequenting them because of pricepoint and location to the main gate. I tell you what though, I'd GLADLY have us stay at one of those dumps again over Paradise Pier. Absolutely the worst Disney resort that we've stayed at out of DL and WDW. The need to knock that sucker down.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom