Caribe Royale Hotel

wendysue

Original Poster
Has anyone stayed at the Caribe Royale Hotel? They have a really good rate and onsite car rental. Just wondering if it's worth going offsite.....

wendysue

Original Poster
Well, we will post how it was after our trip in case someone else wants to know about the Caribe.
When we decided to take another trip, I kept checking the airlines and one day, saw a price of 180 RT, so booked it right away!
Then we decided NOT to do WDW and go somewhere else instead, so I cancelled our week at POP. Saw a great rate at the Caribe, which meant that we could rent a car for the whole week, still have Mears take us to and from the airport, (car rental is much cheaper AT the hotel) and go to UNI for a day for the same price as the hotel alone at WDW.
It will be really strange not going to MK and the other parks, but we do plan on spending time at Downtown Disney, because we just cannot imagine passing up Earl of Sandwich......yum.

I LOVE Disney, and we will go back sometime, but right now we can do so much more for the same money by going elsewhere. Hmmm......

Debbie

go to Mousesavers.com
I'm considering Caribe Resort as well since my boys want to do things other than Disney.
Mary at Mousesavers recommends this resort as she personally inspects the resorts herself.

Mickey2minnie1

We are. Thinking of doing it next year too. Two bedroom condo with a great looking pool for less than half of a Disney Deluxe. Yes I would love to stay at the Poly, but I think I may go Caribe with 5 of us.

smw

i stayed there a few nights last year for a conference being held in the hotel. it was fine. nice pool area. i was able to see spaceship earth and tower of terror from my room, if i recall correctly.

i skipped out early most days and used their free shuttle service to the parks. that was certainly convenient.

wendysue

Original Poster
We will be at the Caribe mid April. We used the advance purchase internet rate of 112.72 per night plus tax. Really looking forward to it and will post when we return.....or while we are there. :sohappy:

atsolomon

Hi,

My family of four stayed at the Caribe Royale in Aug of 2011. We were there for the non-Disney half of our Florida vacation. It was really nice. Everyone who worked there was happy. Not just friendly, happy. The grounds were immaculate, the pool was very nice. I liked the layout of the resort -- the parking was on the periphery and the pool was inside the buildings.

We had the buffet breakfast at the Tropicale restaurant twice. There was a very good selection of foods at the breakfast buffet, including vegetarian options.

The pool was wonderful and there was a staff member supervising the slide to ensure safe behavior.

The only negative is one of the people selling attraction tickets in the lobby of my tower was a bit pushy. Also, at checkout there was a discrepancy in the bill that was immediately rectified and apologized for. Otherwise, it was perfect.

It was a very good value, particularly with the Mousesavers' package. The Caribe also regularly posts weekly specials and promotions on their web site.

I can recommend the Caribe without hesitation.

Hope that was helpful.

--Adam

bennyw01

I would heavily recommend the Caribe to anyone who hasn't tried it!

and would advise the condos at the back for larger families.

I have stayed countless times across the years my last trip being back in 2010.

The staff are amazing, most of which I am now on first name terms with, it pays to get to know the staff at the hotel as I now receive even cheaper rates :animwink:

Also the homemade mac and cheese from the downstairs is :slurp:

another note is that the Bar staff are great! really know their stuff! and for any parents the games room is massive spent many an evening posting high scores and winning :cool:

wendysue

Original Poster
Our stay at the Caribe last week was wonderful and will definitely stay there again. Our room was spotless, the pool was great and the staff very friendly. We rented a car from Hertz online and it was ready at the hotel when we arrived, and even got an upgrade. The transportation to the parks and downtown Disney was convenient and on time. There is a larger refrigerator in each room, so we purchased drinks and some food at the Publix grocery store, as the meals downstairs are a bit pricey. They also had a very good deli at the Publix for some cheaper options on meals.
We are looking forward to our next stay at the Caribe Royal Orlando.

mickeyboy

I have stayed at the caribe and it is really nice but the lake buena vista resort and spa is just as nice down the road with much better prices.

wendysue

Original Poster
I have stayed at the caribe and it is really nice but the lake buena vista resort and spa is just as nice down the road with much better prices.

Is that the hotel that is basically on the same property as the Caribe? If so, I got a better rate for the week we were there at the Caribe. I did want to stay at the other one, as it offers free breakfast, but they didn't have the days I wanted.

washington

We have stayed at the Caribe a couple times with the family and really enjoyed it. They even have a shuttle that will take you to the mall where you can check in for your flight home and we found this really helpful on our last day since our flight left at 6:00 pm so we checked our bags got our seats and headed to Universal. I think it is called off airport check in and I read about it on the Caribe website.

Vader2112

Stayed there for a few nights a couple of years ago. It was a nice hotel. Pool area was pretty good from what I recall. One draw back is that there are usually a lot of conventions going on there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom