Caribbean Beach sold out?

Gerdon

Original Poster
Our tour operator has booked us into a pirate room in error and by the time we noticed they are saying that there are no standard rooms left, only pirate ones. The Disney website seems to back this up. we don't go till the end of August so am finding this a bit weird. I tried a few other days through the year and same thing. Is it really feasible that CBR is fully booked for the year except for the Pirate rooms that are so unpopular and over priced they can't get rid of them.

Patcheslee

With the announcement of new construction it's very possible its booked up. I was looking for alternatives for our June trip and noticed only pirate room were available then also.

Labmommy

I looked into Oct for this year for a weekend get away and the Disney site said they weren't taking any reservations to please try again soon. I found that strange

Jess G

I would say its because of the renovations coming up.... They are adding or redoing something in one of the villages (I think Barbados?) which would limit the number of standard rooms available

Gerdon

Original Poster
As I'm having a quiet day at work I've figured out its only the first four days of our stay are the problem, I can book the last ten in a standard room fine. Grrrrr frustrating

dmatt87

We booked two weeks ago for the 3rd week of May, and at that point all the rooms still had availability. We are staying in a Water View room. However for the last week, nothing but pirate rooms are available. Here's hoping that we won't be too disturbed during our trip!

LeighM

They'll hold some rooms for those with packages, room only, or rooms sold on 3rd party sites like Hotels.com, etc. I wasn't able to get a room only reservation at Riverside directly through Disney (they had them on the 3rd party sites) so I checked into packages. They did have rooms with packages available though. So what I did was go through all of the steps until I get to the last summary page and I removed the ticket option. It let me keep the room and pay for it. And I had a room for one night after I had to change my flight :)

Pooks

I looked on the Thomson website, and you can still get water view rooms on there
I wonder if they are being held back for certain package holiday companies.
As when I went through Virgin, they only had Pirate rooms left, so did Disney holidays.

Gerdon

Original Poster
Thomsons told us yesterday that they could only sell the pirate rooms. Shame they didn't tell us at the time of booking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom