Caribbean Beach Resort Refurbishment:

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Hello we were just told that this resort will be under refurbishment over our whole trip June 1-10 meaning the restaurants and some other area's will be under construction. Anybody have any info on this? Thanks

worldfanatic

Much of "Centertown", including the Port Royale food court & Shutters restaurant will be closed. Supposedly other temporary food options will be available in a few areas around the resort.
It's going to a major demolition & construction project all the way into 2019.
If you're planning on spending a lot of time around the hotel during your trip, I'd strongly consider making a change if possible.

Patcheslee

Hello we were just told that this resort will be under refurbishment over our whole trip June 1-10 meaning the restaurants and some other area's will be under construction. Anybody have any info on this? Thanks
Still waiting on an e-mail from Disney, our trip is June 3-11. My concerns are the main pool, campfire, and nightly movie. I still have received a reply to my now 2nd email to them. Main pool gets cut and we will be out.

dmatt87

We received an email two days ago for our May 20-26 trip mentionning all the refurbisments. It was a big bummer for us and felt it ruined the magic of our DS4's first visit.

I called this morning and after 1.5 hours on the phone with a CM, we switched to POR and got them to price match.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
We received an email two days ago for our May 20-26 trip mentionning all the refurbisments. It was a big bummer for us and felt it ruined the magic of our DS4's first visit.

I called this morning and after 1.5 hours on the phone with a CM, we switched to POR and got them to price match.
Yes, we are calling today to see if they can do the same for us was POR the only resort they were willing to offer you. Were a family of 5 so are options are small but we stayed at POR last time so wanted something different. We made are plans back in Sept so this is very frustrating. Glad to hear they price matched for you hope for the same for us.

dmatt87

Yes, we are calling today to see if they can do the same for us was POR the only resort they were willing to offer you. Were a family of 5 so are options are small but we stayed at POR last time so wanted something different. We made are plans back in Sept so this is very frustrating. Glad to hear they price matched for you hope for the same for us.
Good luck in getting price matching - I think it's the minimum they have to do. Our flights were booked so we had to keep the same dates.

PREMiERdrum

An interesting development, I went to modify a client's June reservation for CBR to a different resort, and online modification has been locked for their trip meaning I'll have to call in (and spend the requisite hours on hold). I wonder if they got swamped with agents trying to shift resorts?

KrzyKtty

An interesting development, I went to modify a client's June reservation for CBR to a different resort, and online modification has been locked for their trip meaning I'll have to call in (and spend the requisite hours on hold). I wonder if they got swamped with agents trying to shift resorts?
I noticed the same thing this morning with our reservation. I wouldn't be surprised if they were swamped because of this. From what I saw with online reactions, people aren't happy and are switching in mass. Guest Services hold is 60 minutes :(.

Patcheslee

I haven't been able to modify since Nov/Dec of last year. So maybe it was a site update.

stitch1donald2

Still waiting on an e-mail from Disney, our trip is June 3-11. My concerns are the main pool, campfire, and nightly movie. I still have received a reply to my now 2nd email to them. Main pool gets cut and we will be out.
Hi
We're booked for last 2 wks in July and haven't heard anything from Disney yet. Not sure when they are hoping to be finished with foodcourt, etc, which would be main concern. Quite sure they have hands full trying to accommodate guests arriving sooner than us first, but hope to hear something soon so we can make a decision.

KrzyKtty

Hi
We're booked for last 2 wks in July and haven't heard anything from Disney yet. Not sure when they are hoping to be finished with foodcourt, etc, which would be main concern. Quite sure they have hands full trying to accommodate guests arriving sooner than us first, but hope to hear something soon so we can make a decision.
Maybe they are staggering the emails for that reason. When I called earlier it was a 60 minute hold time. That being said, since the work is almost full reconstruction, I doubt it will be done by July. However, unless you want to be on the phone for 1.5 hours, I would wait to get them to switch you too!

Greg H

I noticed the same thing this morning with our reservation. I wouldn't be surprised if they were swamped because of this. From what I saw with online reactions, people aren't happy and are switching in mass. Guest Services hold is 60 minutes :(.

I was told a few weeks ago they were doing system upgrades so the online change function would not be available... They told me it could be down for quite a while...

Gerdon

What seems to be happening is they will move you to another moderate at the same price or of you choose to stay people who have booked direct with them are getting $75 Disney credit on their room account, then UK customers at least who have booked through a travel agent, they are getting £50 per night of their accommodation bill. Some people are also getting cheap upgrades to deluxe resorts

patch553

Just got the dreaded email and are absolutely gutted really was looking forward to our stay here, going to call in the morning and possibly change

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
What seems to be happening is they will move you to another moderate at the same price or of you choose to stay people who have booked direct with them are getting $75 Disney credit on their room account, then UK customers at least who have booked through a travel agent, they are getting £50 per night of their accommodation bill. Some people are also getting cheap upgrades to deluxe resorts
We called This morning and wanted them to do something for us since we made our reservations back in Sept when nobody knew about this and all they would do was give us the $75 dollar discount off our room we wanted to be moved to a different resort but the CM we talked to wasn't much help. Were going to try again with the hope of getting a better CM because we know they have moved others to different resorts because of this problem. The cast member just told we could pay the difference. That not going to fly since we booked before Disney decide to let everyone no about the construction.

Gemma89

I had an email last night, we're going September 12-27. Tried to ring after I got the email but there was up to 2 hours wait on hold so I'm going to keep trying today while I'm at work in hopes as many people won't be ringing.... is it just Riverside they are swapping people to?

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Okay we got through to a different CM and they booked us at POR and match our price. If you don't get what you want don't let them off the phone or call back and talk to someone else because from what I heard was that they were given out two options. 1. You could take $75 dollars off your room rate per day or be moved. Since both Caribbean Beach and Coronado are both doing construction our best choice was to go to Port Orleans. Just make them make things right. Good Luck!!!

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Good luck in getting price matching - I think it's the minimum they have to do. Our flights were booked so we had to keep the same dates.
We finally got our price match for Port Orleans Riverside!!! We've been there before so we were looking forward to Caribbean beach this time. Like to try different resorts but this will work. POR is a nice resort just wanted to try something different; even Coronado is under construction.

Gemma89

Okay we got through to a different CM and they booked us at POR and match our price. If you don't get what you want don't let them off the phone or call back and talk to someone else because from what I heard was that they were given out two options. 1. You could take $75 dollars off your room rate per day or be moved. Since both Caribbean Beach and Coronado are both doing construction our best choice was to go to Port Orleans. Just make them make things right. Good Luck!!!
How long are people waiting on the phone? It's currently at 2 hours which being at work I can't sit and wait 2 hours lo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom