News Caribbean Beach Expansion

montyz81

Quite nice. The design is possibly more New Orleans than Caribbean to the untrained eye. The biggest thing I found was the contrast to the other buildings in the resort.
Don't they already have a NO themed resort??? You know that little one over there on the Sassagoula river? I believe there is one right on the Riverside and another in the French Quarter.

Kat Hazzard

I was speaking to a cast member today who said that in their opinion the major structural work should be completed by end of June 2017 as this is the end date for when they will give out the $75 per room per night, and in his assumptions thats because thats when the general day to day workings in the resort will go back to normal. He said that he thinks the further year or so refurbishment will be for in room, like painting, fixtures and fittings and won't be actual construction work. Don't know how accurate this is though. I am considering booking CBR for July 2018 and if I thought the most of the construction work etc would be finished I would go ahead. As it is though I'm stuck between CSR, and PO either R or FQ. No idea what to do!

peter11435

I was speaking to a cast member today who said that in their opinion the major structural work should be completed by end of June 2017 as this is the end date for when they will give out the $75 per room per night, and in his assumptions thats because thats when the general day to day workings in the resort will go back to normal. He said that he thinks the further year or so refurbishment will be for in room, like painting, fixtures and fittings and won't be actual construction work. Don't know how accurate this is though. I am considering booking CBR for July 2018 and if I thought the most of the construction work etc would be finished I would go ahead. As it is though I'm stuck between CSR, and PO either R or FQ. No idea what to do!
That cast member is not well informed. If you are concerned about construction I would recommend booking Port Orleans.

PREMiERdrum

The $75/night credit has much more to do with the severely impeded food service situation at the resort than new construction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

There is no way that is accurate. There are plans to build a new multi-story building in the north end of the resort and they have not even started the demolition of the existing builds for that yet.,

mickeysaver

I have never liked this resort. The feel of it is just so off with the way that it is laid out. With these improvements, I could see giving it a try again. Time will tell.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
There is no way that is accurate. There are plans to build a new multi-story building in the north end of the resort and they have not even started the demolition of the existing builds for that yet.,
Have the blue prints leaked out yet? Or any concept art of the new resort?

TiggerDad

The sad news just keeps getting more and more sad. I wonder how many posters on this thread actually are fans of CBR. :(
We stayed there in December for the third time, so I guess that makes us fans. But I'm not sad that they are consolidating the Custom House. That was not a convenient place. I'm not sad they are scaling back the size of the resort by a quarter or so. Fewer bus stops and less crowds is a good thing. And I'm not sad that they're making other improvements to the resort.

GCTales

The sad news just keeps getting more and more sad. I wonder how many posters on this thread actually are fans of CBR. :(
My wife and I are big fans of the resort... I am in sort of a hold mode to wait and see what the final outcome looks like... Since our family expanded from one child (now 14) to adding twins (now 2 1/2), our location preferences for a family of 5 (M,D, DS#1<14>, DD<2 1/2>, DS#2 <2 1/2>) will change due to occupancy / space needs where bed sharing will be a challenge.... I am hopeful that the tower / rumored DVC will have rooms large enough to accommodate 5... If it does then our desire for DVC may be quickly pushed into the yes it's worth it category.

djkidkaz

I don't mind this stuff at all. Everything I have seen going on with resorts has been that when they add DVC the other areas of the resorts get a lot of love and attention! The pools get redone, food courts, all buildings painted fresh, etc. I don't think anyone would deny that the quick service food court and even merchandise shops at CBR need updating.

TiggerDad

My wife and I are big fans of the resort... I am in sort of a hold mode to wait and see what the final outcome looks like... Since our family expanded from one child (now 14) to adding twins (now 2 1/2), our location preferences for a family of 5 (M,D, DS#1<14>, DD<2 1/2>, DS#2 <2 1/2>) will change due to occupancy / space needs where bed sharing will be a challenge.... I am hopeful that the tower / rumored DVC will have rooms large enough to accommodate 5... If it does then our desire for DVC may be quickly pushed into the yes it's worth it category.
With the recent redo, it now has Murphy beds and can accommodate 5

matt9112

Very cool. Wonder if they'll do a press release of this resort too ;)

Very cool??? So you haven't seen the horrible mix mash of DVC additions at the other resorts already? ALL of them also sacrifice some regular guest experience (IMHO) (sight lines and the like) for those platinum plated DVC members.

Carribean beach is my fav moderate....oh well everything for the dollar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom