News Caribbean Beach Expansion

MM311

Maybe because my trip is end of May and it's closer. Also I got escalated totally directly with guest services.
I had sent an email after and mine was moved up the ranks too, but
Maybe because my trip is end of May and it's closer. Also I got escalated totally directly with guest services.

And not five minutes after I posted this, I get a call from WDW customer service telling me they matched the price for me :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So approximately two months before demolition began.

Do we know when demolition actually began at CSR? The pictures from 2/18 show a lot progress gutting out the rooms so I would think the work began at least a couple weeks ago. Also the time between the permit and work actually starting is pretty variable. As soon as the permit if filed they can begin work.

Kamikaze

Do we know when demolition actually began at CSR? The pictures from 2/18 show a lot progress gutting out the rooms so I would think the work began at least a couple weeks ago. Also the time between the permit and work actually starting is pretty variable. As soon as the permit if filed they can begin work.

Rooms were being gutted as far back as Jan 20th weekend, possibly before.

peter11435

Yeah presumably work began internally very soon after the permits were filed. The pictures clearly show the rooms were gutted already.

DisneyJoe

They are sending out letters to guests that dining options will be closed starting May 1st I believe. I assume that is just the beginning of the project.
They aren't mentioning a date, at least not in the letters I have seen - I have clients traveling to CBR 4/24-4/30 and they received a letter stating that it would be closed "during their stay"

KrzyKtty

I had sent an email after and mine was moved up the ranks too, but

And not five minutes after I posted this, I get a call from WDW customer service telling me they matched the price for me :)
Maybe I really should have held out. Wondering if I should still email/call them and see if they will still match the switch?

Rteetz

They aren't mentioning a date, at least not in the letters I have seen - I have clients traveling to CBR 4/24-4/30 and they received a letter stating that it would be closed "during their stay"
Interesting. I've seen some blogger sites that mention the May 1st date so that's where that came from.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
And the wetlands permit that shows a new multistory building in Barbados along with the gondola stations.

I was referring to the Notices of Commencement that we incorrectly refer to as permits. Even though the water management permit was approved they can't start work until there is a Notice of Commencement.

TiggerDad

I was referring to the Notices of Commencement that we incorrectly refer to as permits. Even though the water management permit was approved they can't start work until there is a Notice of Commencement.
Right but the people questioning whetherplaces will actually be demolished might want to look at that.

KrzyKtty

I was thinking of returning to CBR in February of next year, but now, not so much. Ughhhhhhh.
Depends on when you were planning on booking it. If you were going to wait to book it then at least the construction around Centertown might be done.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom