Caribbean Beach Club Question

Surfwonders

Original Poster
Does WDW's Caribbean Beach Resort contain asbestos in its building structure? I heard that the Contemporary and the Polynesian resorts underwent refurbishment due to asbestos. I wanted to stay at the Caribbean but I wanted to know the answer to this. I know it was built in 1988 and asbestos was sometimes still used in construction during the 80's.

Weather_Lady

There are two resorts with names you appear to be conflating -- Disney's Beach Club Resort, a deluxe, and Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, a moderate. Which one do you mean?

Surfwonders

Original Poster
Thanks to all for your quick replies. I am inquiring about Disney's Caribbean Beach Club (the moderate resort). I appreciate any information you may have.

Weather_Lady

Thanks to all for your quick replies. I am inquiring about Disney's Caribbean Beach Club (the moderate resort). I appreciate any information you may have.

Again, the moderate is Caribbean Beach Resort (not Caribbean Beach Club -- using that term will cause confusion!). I don't see any information online concerning any asbestos abatement ever having been done there, or needing to be done. It was built more than a decade after the resorts from which asbestos has been removed -- my guess is that it's a non-issue there.

If you want to hear it from the horse's mouth, thought, you'll have to contact Disney directly.

Surfwonders

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your advice. My apologies to all for the confusion I caused, since the name is Caribbean Beach RESORT. I was using "CLUB," which is not correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom