Cards no longer being sent for MM?

sophie_the_pooh

Original Poster
Last year, I purchased Memory Maker in advance and received a card by mail (so I could use both the card and the magicband in the parks to get pictures). This year, I purchased Memory Maker in April for my Sept. trip, but I haven't received a card yet.
I called Disney yesterday to know why, seemed very complicated to give me an answer, they transferred my to a MM agent, who just told me to use my magicband. That's fine with me, but I was wondering if it's a policy change or just a random mistake in my order? The agent couln't give me an answer on that, she kept repeating "just come on down, put on your smiles for our cameras and have a magical time!" :banghead:
Do you guys know anything about this?

Thanks!!!:)

SnowWhite1015

We have never purchased the MM before, but we did purchase it for our October trip. We did not receive a card or anything. I just assumed everything was done by magic band now. :)

mattdenine

I had MM last April (2014) and never got a card in the mail, I also have MM for October and never got a card in the mail. When you stop and get a photo you can always ask for a card.

docdebbi

it is so much nicer now. if you remember, for MM, they mailed you a card that you then had to go to one of the photo shops and stand in a long line behind everyone who was ordering pics or buying anything to get it activated. now, just use your MB and it's all good. Yay! and they automatically link your onride pictures to your account thanks to the band. no more standing in line and getting the card scanned. some things at Disney DID get better with the MB!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Odd as I did actually receive a physical card last year when I ordered the Memory Maker online 5/14 for our 11/14 trip. So as of last year at least for us we still got a physical card for the MM. I brought it with us but of course never used it and just used our magic bands. I even still have it actually. :)

LdyApxr

I just added MM to our May 2016 trip so it's good to know we won't have to do the stand in line to activate it/use it issue. We had PP+ in 2013 at DLR and since we only had one card, if we were separated from the kids while on rides(which was often since I was in a wheelchair and they went through the regular line) only some of our ride pics ended up on the PP+ and redeeming it in the park was kind of a pain.

sophie_the_pooh

Original Poster
I got a card yesterday for my trip in August. Looking forward to not needing it!

My card came with our MNSSHP tickets about a month ago, I did link them to the app upon receipt, I'll bring them with us anyway just in case.

Ok, now I'm confused... Why would some people receive a card and others won't, especially if all you need is a magicband? Is it related to staying on-site or not?

sxeensweet

Ok, now I'm confused... Why would some people receive a card and others won't, especially if all you need is a magicband? Is it related to staying on-site or not?
I stay onsite and still receive the actual card for all stuff like MM and party tickets etc. :). To note though I bring them in case something wacky happens but never needed them and just used our bands.

Last edited:

allgiggles

I purchased MM in March 2015 for our June 2015 trip. We stayed onsite. I received a card about a week or so after I purchased MM. I took the card with us to our resort just in case, but didn't need it for anything -- we just used our Magic Bands.

sophie_the_pooh

Original Poster
I really don't get it... Seems like some people randomly receive cards and others don't...I'm staying on site, and I am from Canada... Maybe international travellers don't get them?

tglancy

So here's a few stupid questions, but I figured this was an ok place for them. I received the card. I see the card listed in my list of bands and cards. From what I understand, this means that the card is now attached to my magicband and will work that way. Is that a correct assumption?

#2, and more importantly, does this mean that my wife and kids will also be able to use their magicbands to have their pictures taken? And will their ride photos on their magicband be visible in the Memory Maker area?

Thanks in advance for any help!

sxeensweet

So here's a few stupid questions, but I figured this was an ok place for them. I received the card. I see the card listed in my list of bands and cards. From what I understand, this means that the card is now attached to my magicband and will work that way. Is that a correct assumption?

#2, and more importantly, does this mean that my wife and kids will also be able to use their magicbands to have their pictures taken? And will their ride photos on their magicband be visible in the Memory Maker area?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yes to all questions. You all can use your magic bands and it will all show up in the pics section on your MDE account. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom