Car Seat & Stroller Rental

guatemama

Original Poster
HI, I was wondering if anyone took a car seat for the flights and the to and from on the shuttle buses? Also, what does it cost to rent a single stroller at the Disney parks, we have a 4 year old.

Thanks, Susan

coltow

We have always taken our car seat. We purchased a travel bag for it so that when getting through the airports it's easy to carry. It's safer to have child in their car seat on the plane. Also DS is very hyper so he'd never sit still for 3 hours unless he was flly strapped in.

We have always brought our own stroller, but I'm sure lot's of folks here can tel you what that cost is for the rental.

kstella

You can't use a car seat on the busses. They are not equipped with seat belts. Whether or not to use a car seat on the plane, at age 4, is up to you. Could go either way. If it's a first flight, the child may feel more secure in the familiar confines of the car seat.

Never had to rent a stroller.

Jessie&Buzz

I didn't use a car seat for my at the time almost 4 year old. He did fine in the seat.

I think a single stroller rental is $8 a day. It's cheaper if you know how many days you need it for and rent it for that amount. You just keep the receipt and they check it each day.

KC82271

Being we take car service to the airport from home, we need to take the seat with us anyway. As was mentioned above, it's great, because it keeps them confined to the airplane seat. My daughter is used to it for the car, so it worked well. The one thing I would suggest, depending on how your airport is for on-time departures, don't make him get into it until right before you start taxiing. We leave out of Newark and sometimes we are on the plane 45 minutes before it moves, and that can be trouble. I can save myself 45 minutes of "out, out" until we start moving and then she is in her glory seeing the clouds.

As for a stroller, how long are you staying? I found taking my 4 yearold godson that it was better for him with a double stroller (the singles can be small) and it gives you a place to hold some of your bags. However, that was when I was single and didn't mind paying the $16 or so a day. Now, we take the Graco Lite-Rider stroller from Wal-Mart and Babies-R-Us. For $50 or so, we are going on our 3rd trip with it, not to mention use it daily during the spring, summer and early fall each year for walks around town here. PLUS - my daughter walks through or is carried through the airport. We pile the carryons and the carseat on the carriage and it's great!

Best of luck and enjoy!

figment3258

I think to rent a stroller its like 10$ or 8$ a day if you buy a pass for them which you choose how many days you need a stroller and pre pay for them. We always bring our stroller though it even gets us on our airplane first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom