Car rental questions

LoriL

I just reserved a minivan through Avis for about $400 for a week from 9/28-10/5. Does anyone know if Avis is less convenient to get to from the airport? Hertz was more than $100 more for the same type of car! And does anyone know of any great discounts out there that might beat this price? This was a Continental special, which worked out to be about the same as the AAA discount.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Figaro

Avis is actually in the terminal while Hertz is off site. You need to take a shuttle to Hertz, which can be a pain in the neck sometimes.

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Check the discount codes at www.mousesavers.com

The code I used isn't there any more, but I have a minivan for 10/10-10/18 for $312.91 from Alamo. (They've moved into the airport now that they're the official car rental company of WDW.)

Upvote 0

grumpyny

I have found National or Dollar to have been the cheapest for our trips and they are in the airport. I have gotten them for around $250 in the last couple of years....

Upvote 0

kbmb

To answer your Avis question....Avis is in the airport and very easy to get to.

One suggestion I have for you, regardless of who you end of using, sign up for their preferred service....it's usualy free.

I always use Avis (because I get a company discount), but I signed up for their Preferred Service. Basically all this does is put your credit card, rental contract and everything already in the system. Therefore you can skip the counter in the airport, and go directly to the garage. Makes a huge difference during busy times. You just go to the garage, hand 'em your license and your car is already ready for you.

Have fun!

-k

Upvote 0

LoriL

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you, I just reserved with Dollar using a code on Mousesavers (code DOL39) and I got a rate of $199.99!!! With all taxes, etc. the total cost is $255.38. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Now maybe we can afford to go to the Hoop De Doo!

Upvote 0

BitO'PixieDust

I have found Mousesavers.com to be very helpful in many aspects of planning our trip. We, also, are getting our mini-van through Dollar for $199/wk starting tomorrow :)

If you want to be kept informed of changes on Mousesavers register for their automatic e-mail notfication. We were able to find out when Passholder discounts were being offered immediately enabling us to get our dates at the hotels we wanted. It's a great site to explore for deals.

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Originally posted by grumpyny
I have found National or Dollar to have been the cheapest for our trips and they are in the airport. I have gotten them for around $250 in the last couple of years....

Actually, that $312 figure was for a 9-day rental including taxes and fees. The base rate was $180.79 for the week plus $32.79 each add'l day. It was the $66.54 in taxes and fees that blew the price up.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom