Car rental at the Cape

KeithVH

Original Poster
Anyone have recent experience with a car rental AFTER the cruise at Cape Canaveral?

I found some older comments on other boards, both good and bad, but trying to see if the situation has changed any. Like forever lines, bad/no shuttles, running out of cars. And then others who just breeze through with no prob.

Interested to hear if you've dealt with this in the last couple of months.

ChuckElias

Hi Keith,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but I must have missed your post somehow. I don't have "recent" experience. But I have done car rental at Port Canaveral. I had no problem. I reserved the car ahead of time, and I don't remember a huge delay in getting a shuttle. The one thing I do remember is that the shuttle serviced several car rental places, so we stopped at several places before we got to "my" rental company.

This was probably 2012, I guess. Rather than pay for Disney transfers for 4 people, it was cheaper to get a 1-day rental from the airport to the port and then a separate 1-day rental from the port back to the airport. There was some delay in getting to and from the ship, but I think I would do it again.

KeithVH

Original Poster
Thanks, Chuck. That's exactly the kind of info I needed. Not surprised about the shared shuttle but we can deal with that.

Now all I have to do is count 180 more days . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom