Car rental at Orlando airport

LoriL

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me which companies are right at the airport (so that we don't have to take shuttle)? I know I read somewhere that there are three, and I think Avis and National are two of them, but I'm not certain. Help! Thanks a lot!!

Bobcat

Car rental companies

Hi LoriL,

Avis, Budget, Dollar, National and L & M are all located at the airport.

Alamo and Hertz are off-site.

Hope this helps.

Go B's!!!!

Take care,

Bob

Pioneer Hall

Hertz isn't really off site. It is half a mile away from the airport, and they have busses leaving there every 10-20 minutes. So I consider it on airport property.

MassFan

We did Alamo shuttle once... never again. I've done Dollar the last time. Can't complain. Waiting for those shuttle can be awful. Especially if you have little ones.

juan

We go national
drive to WDW - unload at resort - take car back to rental place (by the speedway)
do the same at the end of the week
it saves a LOT of time and you don't have to pay for the whole trip:cool:

Teamdisney

Car rental

Unless you plan on driving around while your at WDW. I would suggest the following.

Contact Selective Limousine, Inc. 1-800-730-0211.

They have both sedans, and Strech Limos. They meet you baggage claim and carry your bags to the car. That way you can relax on the way top WDW. They will come back to your resort 2hours before your plan leaves that way you have plenty of time, and again another relaxing trip.

You don't have to worry with the toll booths, or the traffic.

The other way to check out Selective Limousine, Inc. is their web site www.selectivelimo.com

We have been using them for several years now and the service and drivers are the best.

Cheryl

Hey HelloKitty1,

Originally posted by hellokitty1
National rental has emerald isle you walk right up and get in car and drive thru booth in 10 min tops.

We just became members of the Emerald Club....have you used it and if so, have you had good experiences with it? This is our first time using it in July :D

But we're also keeping the car for our entire stay since my DH wants to have a car to drive around instead of waiting for buses. He hates buses for some reason. :confused:

Just was curious! The discount from the Disney Club card was great...it's just unfortunate that it's going to cost so much b/c of the results of 9/11 and b/c rental agencies didn't buy as many cars this year. :(

Thanks!!!!

10 days to Disney
Cheryl

I always use national now, with emeral isle service. Quite handy to be able to walk up to a car and take it.

***HOWEVER*** If you arrive any time after 2:00pm, be prepared for there to be NO CARS when you arrive. Our last trip we didn't get anything close to the car we reserved. We packed up and traded in at the Car Care Center by MK the next day.

I have found National's prices better than others when the trip lasts longer than (about) 10 days. Although Expedia and Travelocity show the rates to be more expensive, those sites only list *WEEKLY* rates -- they leave it up to you do find out if longer trips yeild better rates. Our three week stay last year cost remarkably little. Do your own homework with each company's phone lines.

Cheryl

Originally posted by 1000th_Guest
I always use national now, with emeral isle service. Quite handy to be able to walk up to a car and take it.
***HOWEVER*** If you arrive any time after 2:00pm, be prepared for there to be NO CARS when you arrive. Our last trip we didn't get anything close to the car we reserved. We packed up and traded in at the Car Care Center by MK the next day.

I HATE those ***HOWEVER*** things! We're not arriving into the Orlando area until 7:35 p.m. so I guess my chances of getting a car are very slim to none? What options did they give to you? Were you able to get a bigger car or minivan and was it your choice to keep it or to trade it in for something else? I'm just curious so I know what my options will be when I get down there in 9 days!

Thanks much!!!

Cheryl:sohappy:

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Don't use Enterprise. Made that mistake a few months back on a buisness trip. We didn't know you had to call them from the terminal to get the to pick you up.

Watched 3 of there buss zoom on by us without stopping until we figured it out.

I'd do National if you want one at the airport, or Hertz for an offsite. Never had issues with either.

Originally posted by Cheryl

I HATE those ***HOWEVER*** things! We're not arriving into the Orlando area until 7:35 p.m. so I guess my chances of getting a car are very slim to none? What options did they give to you? Were you able to get a bigger car or minivan and was it your choice to keep it or to trade it in for something else? I'm just curious so I know what my options will be when I get down there in 9 days!

Thanks much!!!

Cheryl:sohappy:

I have never arrived that late. Since this is so late, you'll probably be able to select from all the cars that were returned (and cleaned) during the day -- you probably get an early jump on "tomorrow's" cars.

When I went to the CCC, I wan't given any real options. "Here's your new car". It was a nice car with a couple more options that I didn't use (OnStart, e.g.). We had no problems at all with the replacement car.

Cheryl

Hmmm, I do like the idea of being able to walk past that service counter in the airport, especially since our flight down to Orlando is totally booked according to ATA, but I found a mid-size car for about $65 less than National last night. It's with a company inside the airport that I've never used before called L&M. I have both cars reservedl. Has anyone used L&M before? I was hoping to get some feedback from the board before cancelling one of them. Any advice?:lookaroun

Cheryl

Kellylynn322

If you have the Disney Club you get a considerable break on a rental car from National and they are right at the airport. I booked a minivan for November and saved about $90 with the Disney Club. If you have the card make sure you tell them that when you call. Plus when you book in advance they guarntee you a car. If it is not what you requested they uprade you to the next size for the same price as your quoted rate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom