Captain's Grille refurbishment

correcaminos

Please post about your experience! I'm going there for my bday dinner in September!
We just ate there yesterday. Chips instead of fries and no fish n chips (big deep fryers are not in that kitchen). Service and food were great. Very happy with our lunch there. I loved the grilled chicken sandwich and my husband really liked his sliders. Kids meal of grilled chicken was flavored as well.

Minnie1986

We just ate there yesterday. Chips instead of fries and no fish n chips (big deep fryers are not in that kitchen). Service and food were great. Very happy with our lunch there. I loved the grilled chicken sandwich and my husband really liked his sliders. Kids meal of grilled chicken was flavored as well.
Thanks. As long as the steak is still available for dinner, I'll be happy!

Goofyque'

They did not have the steak on the menu when we went a week ago. My DS has always had that as his favorite. The meal was excellent, DS got the prime rib, which was huge, and still garnered the venue his favorite meal of the trip. (his very close 2nd was the steak salad at Skipper) Captain's Grille temporary venue at Arielle's was beautiful, and the staff was awesome!

Simba's Mom

Does anyone have more specific info than just "Fall 2017"? We've been trying to get ADRs for October, hoping to get to see Ariel's, but there are NO ADRs available for either lunch or dinner for the entire 10 days we'll be there. Wondering what may be going on.

correcaminos

Does anyone have more specific info than just "Fall 2017"? We've been trying to get ADRs for October, hoping to get to see Ariel's, but there are NO ADRs available for either lunch or dinner for the entire 10 days we'll be there. Wondering what may be going on.
They said October when I was there. For this trip we couldn't get ADRs until very close to our trip. Good thing is they are hardly ever booked solid particularly at lunch so it hopefully will be available for you.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 5. Concept art in the Yacht Club Resort lobby for the refurbished Captain's Grille. The photos are skewed, as I was getting a lobby reflection from the artwork. (I'm not sure if the new restaurant is supposed to be this dark, or if they aren't sure of the new design yet.....;))

IMG_9795.JPG

Additional concept art for the refurbished lobby bar just around the corner.

IMG_9798.JPG

durangojim

Hate to say it but I'm really not loving what they're doing with the Yacht Club. It used to be one of our favorite resorts as recently as this past Christmas, but now with the changes to the rooms, store, and restaurants, I'm not so sure. I think we'll switch over to the Beach Club for our next visit.

nickys

Premium Member
It looks more like a lounge than the Captain's Grille that was. We enjoyed breakfast there, where some had the buffet, others ordered a la crate, and loved the steaks at dinner. Wondering what kind of menu they'll have once it's re-opened.

Martha46

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 5. Concept art in the Yacht Club Resort lobby for the refurbished Captain's Grille. The photos are skewed, as I was getting a lobby reflection from the artwork. (I'm not sure if the new restaurant is supposed to be this dark, or if they aren't sure of the new design yet.....;))

View attachment 213821

Additional concept art for the refurbished lobby bar just around the corner.

View attachment 213822
Any further news on when it will reopen?

nickys

Premium Member
Any further news on when it will reopen?

Just had a look on Disney site.

You can book for breakfast, lunch and dinner until September 29th.

September 30th is unavailable.

Then breakfast only until Dec 30th.

Not sure what that means exactly. You would think if they were ready to move into the newly refurbed area it would change it's name at that point, But clearly something is happening on 30th of this month.

correcaminos

Just had a look on Disney site.

You can book for breakfast, lunch and dinner until September 29th.

September 30th is unavailable.

Then breakfast only until Dec 30th.

Not sure what that means exactly. You would think if they were ready to move into the newly refurbed area it would change it's name at that point, But clearly something is happening on 30th of this month.
Thanks for that update. I haven't watched since we aren't slated to go until sometime next year.

It looks more like a lounge than the Captain's Grille that was. We enjoyed breakfast there, where some had the buffet, others ordered a la crate, and loved the steaks at dinner. Wondering what kind of menu they'll have once it's re-opened.
One picture does, but the other looks more cozy and more refined than before. I am quite curious to see what it is like once completed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom