Captain's Grille refurbishment

PrincessL

Original Poster
So, I've been stalking this restaurant trying to get an ADR for the past few weeks. I even called because it was odd that there was zero availability for the entire months of May and June. June 3rd is what I was trying to get an ADR for. I called Disney and the CM was just as confused as I was as they posted hours but were not taking reservations. Said they would open up in Feb. Today this is what they had up(still not taking renovations):

From mid-May until Fall 2017, Sail to Ariel’s to Enjoy the Captain’s Grill
Join us at a new destination! During refurbishments, the Captain’s Grill is relocating to the oceanic-themed Ariel’s.

From the moment you step through the ironwork gate, be immersed in an enchanting underwater setting— where colorful coral displays, whimsical fish sculptures and hand-blown glass bubbles make you feel like you’re inside the pages of a fairy tale.

Ariel’s is located at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.

Any idea as to what Ariel's is? I can't find anything on it. And I thought it was just recently renovated? Could be wrong though.

Tuvalu

I'm pretty sure Ariel's is located in the Beach Club in an area very close to Yacht Club. At one time Ariel's was a full-service restaurant but it closed years ago. In recent years Ariel's has been used for special events ~ wedding receptions, business conferences, etc.

PrincessL

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure Ariel's is located in the Beach Club in an area very close to Yacht Club. At one time Ariel's was a full-service restaurant but it closed years ago. In recent years Ariel's has been used for special events ~ wedding receptions, business conferences, etc.
Have you seen the space? Is it really "like you're inside the pages of a fairy tale"? ;)

wdwfan4ver

I went to Captain's Grille is one of my favorite table service places at WDW. I even remembered going there back in 1991 when it was known Yacht Club Galley.

I still remember where Ariel's was. I actually remembered going there back in 1991 and 1992.

Goofyque'

I rarely disagree with Steve, but I think the pictures of Ariel's look charming, and a treat for most of us who are unlikely to attend a wedding reception or special event. ;) DS loves the steak at Captain's Grllle, and was the only request he had for our May trip. Nice to have an answer on the refurb after all the calls!

PrincessL

Original Poster
I had breakfast at CG last summer. Walked right in with no reservation and absolutely no wait. And the breakfast was as good as any I've ever had on property. This place is WAY underrated and overlooked, IMHO.
I had read that it was decent food and a good value. As it appears there aren't a ton of QS in that area I wanted to make sure we had a place to eat at a lower price point. Glad to hear you had a positive experience:)

PrincessL

Original Poster
I received an e-mail from Disney today for our upcoming stay in June at Yatch Club and it said Captains Grille will temporarily be moving to Ariel's and that unfortunately will not have the breakfast buffet.

Spectro

I have just checked the menus for captains grille. I always like to try new sit downs and always assumed this to be a burger type place but wow - I have seen some yummy items on the menu - snow crab legs and a fab chicken dish... might change our plans for coral reef to eat here.....

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, May 30. Ariel's table service restaurant while the Yacht Club's Captain's Grille is being refurbished. There are more tables on the upper level to the right, but it was too dark to get a photograph, as it wasn't open for the day when I went by. The pool area is on the left.

IMG_9624.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom