Captain EO....who remembers this gem?

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hey

I remember when I was a little boy, obsessed with Michael Jackson, and obsessed with this show....It's too bad that Honey I Shrunk The Audience took it over but then again I guess it was a little outdated after a while....

It was great though....

Kyle

3dwarfs

I remember when I was little and it first came out I wanted to see it so badly because it was in 3D. Never did see it though.

3dwarfs

Thanks for the link. Well, I finally got to see it and now, all these years later I can see why my parents wanted to skip that at Disney, LOL. :lol:

LilDucky

I used to love that show as a kid :lol:

My sister and I rewatched it a couple of months ago, and we were dying of laughter. Now it's cheesy, but back in the eighties and early nineties, it was the shiznit. It was much better in the theater with all the stars and stuff :lol:

Actually, "Another Part of Me" will forever remind me of Tomorrowland (I only saw Captain EO at DL). It's the song I most associate with Tomorrowland. Weird... I know :lookaroun :lol:

Tim G

PianoManKD said:
Hey

I remember when I was a little boy, obsessed with Michael Jackson, and obsessed with this show....It's too bad that Honey I Shrunk The Audience took it over but then again I guess it was a little outdated after a while....

It was great though....

Kyle
Errr... Hey... Wait a minute... When YOU were a LITTLE BOY you were OBSESSED with Michael Jackson???

Usually it was the other way around... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Sorry, couldn't resist -

dxwwf3

Connor002 said:
Gem? :lookaroun

I'm barely old enough to remember how cool it was when it opened. Trust me, for its time, it was absolutely huge. How many attractions get debuted on MTV and feature big time directors? This is one attraction that you just had to "be there" to truely appreciate it.

God knows it dated about as good as 2 year old milk though. That still shouldn't take anything away from it.

terp79

A true trip down memory lane....

This is an amazing thread. I loved Captain EO so much...I think i loved it so because of Star Wars and the George Lucas tie in. Not to mention that in the 80's our family listened to MJ's "Thriller" album the entire way from Indiana down to Disney World. It brings back so many memeories. In fact I was just at my grandma's going through the toy boxes from my childhood and found the plush Fuzzball toy I got. I've seen them on E-bay going up to 50 bucks. Crazy huh!!!! Of course looking back now the film looks so funny and outdated, but I will give props out to the sets and costumes. Today most of the set's would be CG. It would be kewl to see a new version of Capt. EO with a different star and updated everything. I'm tired of Honey I shrunk the Kids.
Thanks for the trip!

JaclynR

I miss Captain EO too. I get very nostalgic for old Epcot rides, it brings back great memories. I ordered a copy of Captain EO off ebay and now my kids are cultured in it, lol. Too bad I haven't shown them what MJ looks like now!

Ciciwoowoo

I used to love Captain Eo!!!

I was always so scared of the witch when she clicked her nails and the lightning shot out of them.

I was a big MJ fan as a kid... I had MJ and Boy George posters all over my room. Oh, and Wham and Duran Duran.

Anyone notice a pattern in the famous singers of the 80's? :lol:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I was a big Captain EO fan. I still have my Hooter stuffed animal. I downloaded the entire show on limewire back about a year ago and when I want a good laugh I watch it. 'We are here to change the world' and 'Another part of me' still put me in a good mood when I hear them.

I was as a child and I am still to this day terrified of the scary woman. "You thinks me beautiful?" *hiss* I hid my eyes everytime as a child!

MJ is another story... He gives me the creeps!

Jacquelina

I was and still am a huge fan of this attraction... although Anjelica Huston scared the bejeezus out of me in the show :lol: When I was a little girl in the 80's, My mom bought me a trendy jean jacket so I could put patches and pins on it.. anyone else remember how huge that became? Yeah, well I specifically remember asking my mom to buy me a pin that said "I love Michael Jackson." When I was a little girl, I just loved him. I mean I still love his music.. But I think I really love what memories this attraction brings back to me, and the songs.. too catchy for words.. Anyone else getting a little sick of Honey, I shrunk the Audience?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom