Captain EO Preshow???

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
MicBat said:
argh... i just looked through 601 album covers and didn't find it. I remember it being light blue. If anyone else finds it, let me know. I want to upgrade to CD
If anyone has found this album and converted it over, I would be forever in your debt if you could send me a copy online...

[i heart makin memories]

century3

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but.......

I noticed this post that started a few years ago about the audio from the "Capture a Smile" preshow to Captain EO. It is also sometimes known as "With a Smile" or "Smile, Say Cheese." I was wondering if anyone ever managed to find that sound file and/or video file, and if so, where might I be able to find it. I've been looking for it forever.

Thanks,
Anthony

figmntal95

I had the same thing!! Ha Ha... I watched that thing millions of times!

I have a tape with it on there, though, too. I don't remember the name of it. I actually have it up in my dorm room in my tape player. On one side it has Magic Kingdom (with -retired-songs: Magic Journies, Space from Horizons <yeah, i always wondered why it was on the magic kingdom side>, etc) and the other side has epcot on it where almost all of the songs are retired (including making memories). I'll try to find a pic of it online....
oohh! i have that tape too!
Captain EO rules! and can antyone explain to me what magic journeys exactly is. i never got the concept. all i remember is the kites...and the clowns....i think that was there anyway.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey, all!

The EO preshow song was called "Makin' Memories". The edited version was on the official park releases of the era, and the full 7 minute show version is available at the usual web places.

Magic Journeys was a journey into kids dreams. A very loose storyline I admit, more like in Kermits explanation full of "cheap 3D tricks".

century3

About "Capture A Smile"

Hey, all!

The EO preshow song was called "Makin' Memories". The edited version was on the official park releases of the era, and the full 7 minute show version is available at the usual web places.

Magic Journeys was a journey into kids dreams. A very loose storyline I admit, more like in Kermits explanation full of "cheap 3D tricks".

Hey Marni,

You're correct about Makin' Memories--but it was the preshow to Magic Journeys when that was the 3d show. Around 1987, they switched the show in the Magic Eye theater to Captain Eo, but kept the Makin' Memories preshow for a year or so. Sometime around 1990 or so, they changed the song to "Capture A Smile" (I've listed lyrics from both below to compare). Eventually they cancelled that preshow, and began showing True Colors instead. They continued that preshow even after Captain Eo was cancelled and replaced with Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. They then switched to their current preshow, which really is just a mix of pictures/stories to advertise Kodak.

Again.....the second preshow "Capture A Smile" is the one that I'm looking for. Hopefully someone out there has a copy of it, or knows where it can be found. I have been searching for it for the past three or four years ever since my website closed down.

Thanks,
Anthony

(Lyrics for comparison)
Makin Memories

Long Before The Old Model T
Round About The Turn of the Century
Folks Discovered A Barrel of Fun
Taking Pictures By the Light Of The Sun
Smile, Hug, Look At the Camera
Hold Your Breath and Say Cheese
And With Every Shot We Take,
We Are Makin' Memories

----------

Capture A Smile

(Child)
Look At Him, Trying To Make Me Laugh
Look At Him, Acting Like A Fool So He Can Take My Photograph
Trying To Make Me Smile
Fella You Can Wait A While
Doesn't He See That, I'm Tired

(Adult)
Look At Him, What Am I Doing Here
I Should Be Taking Pictures For A Magazine Cover of the Year

(Child)
Look At Him

(Adult)
Come On Kid, Just Smile

(Child)
No Way

(Adult)
How Can I Capture Anything

(Child)
Maybe You Should Try Some Other Day

(Adult)
Look At Me

(Child)
Look At Him---Well, Ok

(Chorus)
Capture A Smile, Say Cheese
Magic Memories
Turn a Big Frown Upside Down
You Know Its Easy

Smile, Say Cheese
Magic Memories
Every Time You Capture That Smile

----------------------

The fact that I remember that much of a ten minute preshow tells you how much I loved the song. I hope someone can help me out. I'm looking for any audio or video of the show. Thanks!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can`t believe I misread this thread. Did anyone get the video of Capture a Smile from timhar??

MM was still running in June 90, so it must have swapped just after.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I noticed this post that started a few years ago about the audio from the "Capture a Smile" preshow to Captain EO. It is also sometimes known as "With a Smile" or "Smile, Say Cheese." I was wondering if anyone ever managed to find that sound file and/or video file, and if so, where might I be able to find it. I've been looking for it forever.

Thanks,
Anthony
I hope you can find what you're looking for... :wave:

MagicTreds

I had the same thing!! Ha Ha... I watched that thing millions of times!

I have a tape with it on there, though, too. I don't remember the name of it. I actually have it up in my dorm room in my tape player. On one side it has Magic Kingdom (with -retired-songs: Magic Journies, Space from Horizons <yeah, i always wondered why it was on the magic kingdom side>, etc) and the other side has epcot on it where almost all of the songs are retired (including making memories). I'll try to find a pic of it online....
Hey! What is this tape that you speak of?! Do you mean it was actually sold in stores? I've been searching for music from the old attractions!

maelstrom

Hey! What is this tape that you speak of?! Do you mean it was actually sold in stores? I've been searching for music from the old attractions!

Welcome to the boards!

Reviving old threads is generally frowned upon. I see that you're new, so it's okay. Just keep it in mind for the future to check post dates.

He may be speaking of the Official Album of Disneyland & Walt Disney World 1991. If not, it has those songs on it anyways. Ebay should bring you some results and if not, perhaps mousebits.com or #Disney-Central on IRC.

Number_6

Reviving old threads is generally frowned upon. I see that you're new, so it's okay. Just keep it in mind for the future to check post dates.

The funny thing being that people generally get annoyed when someone makes a new thread about something that was already posted and say "Do a search next time." The last post in here before this brand new person's post was only two weeks ago, which is far less than the several months between posts for the last time it got revived. And it was a legitimate question that was asked by someone new to the boards, I don't really think that would be something frowned on, but maybe that's just my opinion.

Erika

The funny thing being that people generally get annoyed when someone makes a new thread about something that was already posted and say "Do a search next time." The last post in here before this brand new person's post was only two weeks ago, which is far less than the several months between posts for the last time it got revived. And it was a legitimate question that was asked by someone new to the boards, I don't really think that would be something frowned on, but maybe that's just my opinion.

Good call, 6
01.gif

You are right. 2 weeks is not enough to consider it dead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom