Captain EO Preshow???

mickeyfanatics

Original Poster
OK, I know this attraction closed many years ago, but when Majic Journeys was replaced by Captain EO in 1986, they also replaced the pre-show song (Makin Memories) with a cute little song and slideshow presentation about a dad trying to photograph his baby boy. The song goes like this:

---Smile, say cheese, a little laughter if you please. Turn a big frown upside down you know it's easy. Smile, Cheese, Magic Memories, everytime you capture a smile.

If anyone has this song or knows where I can find it, please let me know. It is a "Magic Memory" that I cannot get out of my head.

On another note, anyone have the video of Captain EO? I have the audio for the whole show and would love to see the movie again. It is too bad they could not alternate the two shows - HISTA and Captain EO. I would love to see it as it was again.

General Grizz

Greetings!! I have exactly what you're looking for!! Please IM me at Asteroth68 (www.aim.com if you don't have AOL Instant Messenger), and I'll send it over! (No audio is necessary in return!!!)

Magic Happens! :)

imagineerfan

Hey, I remember watching the "Disneyland Sing-a-long" thousands of times as a little kid and i think one of the songs is entitled "makin' memories" though i am not sure if the lyrics you suggested match the ones in the movie.
Hope this helped.:)

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by imagineerfan
Hey, I remember watching the "Disneyland Sing-a-long" thousands of times as a little kid and i think one of the songs is entitled "makin' memories" though i am not sure if the lyrics you suggested match the ones in the movie.
Hope this helped.:)

Makin Memories was the first pre-show that was replaced.

Was Magic Memories written by the Sherman Bros?

mickeyfanatics

Original Poster
Well, thanks Grizzlyhall for trying, but the song you sent me was the one I already had. Anyone else know where I can find the song:

"Magic Memories/Smile, Say Cheese" that played before Captain EO in EPCOT?

Thank you.

MicBat

I had the same thing!! Ha Ha... I watched that thing millions of times!

I have a tape with it on there, though, too. I don't remember the name of it. I actually have it up in my dorm room in my tape player. On one side it has Magic Kingdom (with -retired-songs: Magic Journies, Space from Horizons <yeah, i always wondered why it was on the magic kingdom side>, etc) and the other side has epcot on it where almost all of the songs are retired (including making memories). I'll try to find a pic of it online....

MicBat

argh... i just looked through 601 album covers and didn't find it. I remember it being light blue. If anyone else finds it, let me know. I want to upgrade to CD

RogueHabit

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
OK, I know this attraction closed many years ago, but when Majic Journeys was replaced by Captain EO in 1986, they also replaced the pre-show song (Makin Memories) with a cute little song and slideshow presentation about a dad trying to photograph his baby boy. The song goes like this:

---Smile, say cheese, a little laughter if you please. Turn a big frown upside down you know it's easy. Smile, Cheese, Magic Memories, everytime you capture a smile.

If anyone has this song or knows where I can find it, please let me know. It is a "Magic Memory" that I cannot get out of my head.

On another note, anyone have the video of Captain EO? I have the audio for the whole show and would love to see the movie again. It is too bad they could not alternate the two shows - HISTA and Captain EO. I would love to see it as it was again.
I have the wholw Captain EO in MPG format. It's 288Mb in size and 18 minutes long. It appears to have been captured from a video presentation of the show that was released by Disney. I assume it is the same as the show that was at Epcot, but I never saw it...

Timekeeper

Just between MPG

MPG files (if captured and compressed properly) are great for writing to CD-RW media as a "video disc" and then played in most DVD players. Although video discs can be created on the cheapter CD-R format, the highest compatability rate is with the CD-RW format.

I enjoy my Captain EO VCD:sohappy:

Tk

RogueHabit

Sorry, not on AIM. It's too big to email.

Do you use Newsgroups? If I uploaded it to alt.binaries.multimedia.disney then many could download it.

mickeyfanatics

Original Poster
Well, I finally found Captain EO a s a full Mpeg vidoe and downloaded it off of Winmx. However, I am still looking for the preshow music, and it is not Making Memories.

Smile, say cheese, a little laughter if you please, turn a big frown upside down, you know its easy. Smile, Cheese, Magic Memories, everytime you capture a smile............................

jcrb

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics

Was the show like true colors??? If forget.

Fido

Re: Re: Captain EO Preshow???

Originally posted by Catch 22
I have the wholw Captain EO in MPG format. It's 288Mb in size and 18 minutes long. It appears to have been captured from a video presentation of the show that was released by Disney. I assume it is the same as the show that was at Epcot, but I never saw it...

Then you never experienced it in 3-D! Actually I watched Captain EO once and never had the desire to see it again while it was showing. I'm not a big Michael Jackson fan.:dazzle:

timhar

If you're still out there and still looking for "Capture a Smile", I have both the sound track and a video of the show. It was actually a soft-sell advertisement for Kodak. The baby in the show is now a teenager!
Contact me if interested.

mickeyfanatics

Original Poster
timhar said:
If you're still out there and still looking for "Capture a Smile", I have both the sound track and a video of the show. It was actually a soft-sell advertisement for Kodak. The baby in the show is now a teenager!
Contact me if interested.

Yes, I am still out here and only have an "OK" recording of the soundtrack. Whatever you can get me would be awesome!

tourwdw@tourwdw.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom