Captain EO final show on 12/6 - Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival to be the replacement

ryan1

Aw man. I know it gets a lot of hate on these boards but I still enjoy it. I'm a little bummed I can't swing by for one last viewing. I think we are going a few days after.

Its not worth making an emergency trip down like I did with Maelstrom but I'll be said to see it go again especially since there probably isn't going to be anything taking its place for a while unless its an ad for an upcoming movie.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's over....It's FINALLY OVER! Our long awaited Nightmare comes to an end!
giphy.gif

Figments Friend

It used to be....

Emphasis on 'used to be'.

It could be again, someday, but for that to happen some serious changes in attitude need to happen within the ranks of the Company.

-

DarthGrady

I've been seeing some posts on social media from the final showing, it appears to be a packed house! HISTA got no such sendoff. I seriously doubt the next feature will either. It's a testament to people's love of either M.J. or of the old EPCOT (or both in my case) that a nearly thirty year old theme park movie still draws applause and crowds.

It's sad to see an attraction go away that so many love, only to be replaced with more puerile cartoon drivel. It was great while it lasted, much like the golden era of EC that it makes us wistful for.

BoarderPhreak

Captain EO is gone - long live Captain EO!

As an MJ fan, and of course a fan of all things EPCOT... It's sad to see it go. But better a movie than an entire pavilion, right? Though one might argue that Imagination! died a long time ago, long before Kodak did. All around so sad that TDO can't do better for something as open-ended as "a pavilion showcasing the imagination" - showing anything but. One has to have hope though. Hope that one day this entire pavilion will get a serious reboot. While I doubt they'd tear down the structures, you never know... Someone might decide an E-ticket ride would be better for attendance and the next thing you know, the wrecking balls are out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom