Captain America: Civil War - Spoiler Talk

doctornick

You really do have to nit pick to find something really wrong with the movie. For me it was every place the movie went, the giant name across the screen. I don't know if it was just me, but it just looked strange and out of place. Normal size letters would have been better. See, now thats having to dig deep for a complaint.

I hated the giant scene words. Just seemed so out of place and overwhelming. The size and typeface made me feel like the film was "old" like it was made in the 1970's or such (I don't know why, but it just seemed like something that would be in a film of a past era).

Not a fan of Cap and Agent 13. It just seems creepy to me "Hey I used to date your aunt 70 years ago."

It didn't bother me at all. I think their talk after the funeral implied that they got to know each other fairly well during their time living across from each other and TWS subtly hinted at a possible romance (when Widow was questioning about Steve's love life and mentioned that "nurse across the hall").

Nitpicking: the way they bring Spidey and Ant Man into the story was a bit jarring for me. Hated Rudd's acting (or lines) when he got out of the van. Also, how does Stark know who Spiderman is? Is that something from the comics? Seemed contrived in the film.

Couldn't disagree more. I was really impressed with how well they worked in the new characters and connected them. I actually like that they didn't hit you over the head with exposition and that Stark just had figured it out about Spider-Man.

And I just love Paul Rudd and his character. I cannot wait to see more of him. Ant-Man is one of my favorite MCU films. His one-liners and the Giant Man thing were fantastic.

I do also think they did fantastic job with both Black Panther and the Wanda/Vision relationship. It's pretty amazing that they put such a great amount of character development into this film while keeping it centered on Cap.

Yeah, that was a great movie. I really can't find anything. It left the team broken. I don't know how they'll get back together. I know they will for what's coming, but how?

Really? Even though the team is "broken" and obviously differ on their opinion about the Accords, I think the film did a great job of leaving them in a situation where no one should be bitter towards one another. Tony can get over his initial anger and realize that Bucky was being mind controlled; everyone can recognize that Captain America was "right" in his actions even if they disagree with whether they should operate independent of the world governments. The biggest issue is Rhodes' injury and they at least partially mitigated that by making it "friendly fire" and also because it was Team IM that initiated the fight where Team CA were just trying to leave.

And regardless, it's easy to see them all get together when an intergalactic madman collects the Infinity Gems and threatens to wipe out everyone. Surely, there will be some twists, but likely IW pt 1 (yes, I know they are going to change the name) can have everyone be apart and pt 2 will have them unite as needed against a common threat and probably allow for some resolution of the Sokovia Accords by coming up with some compromise structure between the two factions. We'll see.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Really? Even though the team is "broken" and obviously differ on their opinion about the Accords, I think the film did a great job of leaving them in a situation where no one should be bitter towards one another. Tony can get over his initial anger and realize that Bucky was being mind controlled; everyone can recognize that Captain America was "right" in his actions even if they disagree with whether they should operate independent of the world governments. The biggest issue is Rhodes' injury and they at least partially mitigated that by making it "friendly fire" and also because it was Team IM that initiated the fight where Team CA were just trying to leave.

And regardless, it's easy to see them all get together when an intergalactic madman collects the Infinity Gems and threatens to wipe out everyone. Surely, there will be some twists, but likely IW pt 1 (yes, I know they are going to change the name) can have everyone be apart and pt 2 will have them unite as needed against a common threat and probably allow for some resolution of the Sokovia Accords by coming up with some compromise structure between the two factions. We'll see.
I see your points, but after seeing someone kill your mother it's kinda hard to come back from that especially since Bucky admitted to "remembering them all." This is very fractured to me. It may not be for the rest of the team, but it is for Tony. He lost his faith in Cap along the way too, especially after Cap initially lied about knowing. It's only going to take Thanos coming back to repair these things. Can't wait to see where they go with it.

doctornick

Thanks goodness. Poor Uncle Ben- I can't sit through him dying again....

Everyone knows the origin. Do something different. Loved Spiderman/Peter Parker. He may have stolen the movie for me.

They did a good job of working the principle of "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" line in without explicitly saying it -- Spidey says something like "When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen? They happen because of you."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom