Captain America: Civil War - Spoiler Talk

Jimmy Thick

The last scene where you see Cap through the jail bars, fricken goosebumps.

But, while this is technically a Captain America movie, it was more an Avenger movie, this is what Ultron should have been.

The mid movie fight is worth the price of admission alone. I loved how they had this huge group of characters, with each one getting significant development through the film. They really nailed the script.

The bad?

Only thing I can think of was the slow pace at the beginning with the early fight scenes featuring way to many quick cuts it was hard to understand them. Also don't Black Widow rap her legs around the people's heads like all the time?

Anyway, I'm going to see this in 3D tomorrow, more money for the coffers.

TyTrap

I enjoyed the movie for what it was. I knew it wasn't going to be the most faithful adaptation of mark millar's story arc but it was an adaptation that worked for the MCU. I just hope they keep this version of Spider-Man far away from that venom spin-off.

Flippin'Flounder

I enjoyed the movie for what it was. I knew it wasn't going to be the most faithful adaptation of mark millar's story arc but it was an adaptation that worked for the MCU. I just hope they keep this version of Spider-Man far away from that venom spin-off.
Is that actually happening, or was Sony just being dumb? I know they said they still were, but there's no logical reason to do that. If they do they better not try to tie it in to the MCU with Marvel helping them.

erasure fan1

The bad?

Only thing I can think of was the slow pace at the beginning with the early fight scenes featuring way to many quick cuts it was hard to understand them. Also don't Black Widow rap her legs around the people's heads like all the time?
You really do have to nit pick to find something really wrong with the movie. For me it was every place the movie went, the giant name across the screen. I don't know if it was just me, but it just looked strange and out of place. Normal size letters would have been better. See, now thats having to dig deep for a complaint.

Last edited:

TyTrap

Is that actually happening, or was Sony just being dumb? I know they said they still were, but there's no logical reason to do that. If they do they better not try to tie it in to the MCU with Marvel helping them.
Yea I want a venom movie that has grit to it. It would have a tone very similar to spawn.

216bruce

You really do have to nit pick to find something really wrong with the movie. For me it was every place the movie went, the giant name across the screen. I don't know if was just me, but it just looked strange and out of place. Normal size letters would have been better. See, now thats having to dig deep for a complaint.
I was just glad the Russo's gave their hometown here some on-screen love when CLEVELAND popped up onscreen The crowd actually clapped here....and without Lebron James.

Flippin'Flounder

You really do have to nit pick to find something really wrong with the movie. For me it was every place the movie went, the giant name across the screen. I don't know if was just me, but it just looked strange and out of place. Normal size letters would have been better. See, now thats having to dig deep for a complaint.
I agree, the font was gross too. At least they told us where they were, AoU got confusing sometimes.

RobUK

Giant Man was superb. I'm so glad I avoided any of the spoilers about the action figures.

They played the Vision card understatedly well, too. I've heard what happens in the comics and the work they did with him in the films certainly put the basis in for that.

It'll be interesting where they go referencing the Spider-man and Panther films, as time wise they obviously can't do an origin story, so I'm hoping they don't just stuff them full of flashbacks.

Flippin'Flounder

Giant Man was superb. I'm so glad I avoided any of the spoilers about the action figures.

They played the Vision card understatedly well, too. I've heard what happens in the comics and the work they did with him in the films certainly put the basis in for that.

It'll be interesting where they go referencing the Spider-man and Panther films, as time wise they obviously can't do an origin story, so I'm hoping they don't just stuff them full of flashbacks.
Spider man is confirmed not to be an origin story. There might be some flashbacks, but not too much.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I can honestly say I have no issues with this film. I'll be seeing it today. I don't like nitpicking it seems petty, but if I had to it would be that the movie had to end. Anxious to see where they go with this. The Avengers are broken.

Love that we got to see the Panther Jet and WAKANDA!!!!!

TyTrap

1 of the best marvel movies yet. all around fun. WB should just replace Snyder.
Snyder has done great work before. Watchmen is probably the most accurate comic book film ever made. Literally panel for panel which I appreciated.

mf1972

Snyder has done great work before. Watchmen is probably the most accurate comic book film ever made. Literally panel for panel which I appreciated.
couldn't get into that one. from what I did see, it was better than sucker punch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom