Cape May Cafe?

lilclerk

Original Poster
My nephew and I will be at the Beach Club in a little less than three weeks. I've got a reservation for our first night at Cape May Cafe, figuring we'll spend the afternoon we get there in the pool and that this would be an easy dinner.
Thing is, neither of us likes seafood (we're terrible Rhode Islanders.)
The reservation is for 8:00 so we'll probably be pretty hungry, do you think we'll find enough on the non-seafood side to eat? I guess we could just fill up on dessert :lol: but I don't know if that's worth it! Maybe we should just go to Beaches and Cream instead though?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
My nephew and I will be at the Beach Club in a little less than three weeks. I've got a reservation for our first night at Cape May Cafe, figuring we'll spend the afternoon we get there in the pool and that this would be an easy dinner.
Thing is, neither of us likes seafood (we're terrible Rhode Islanders.)
The reservation is for 8:00 so we'll probably be pretty hungry, do you think we'll find enough on the non-seafood side to eat? I guess we could just fill up on dessert :lol: but I don't know if that's worth it! Maybe we should just go to Beaches and Cream instead though?

On my past trip I was dragged to Cape May Cafe by my family. I like some seafood but none of it is served at Cape May. I did just fine eating everything else there though. There was salad, a pasta dish, chicken, I think mashed potatoes, some veggies, pizza, and two carving stations available when I went. Dessert was really good too. I definitely didn't walk away hungry. I like Beaches and Cream too, but it is too much of a hassle to get in there most days. I'd stick with Cape May. I find it weird that I am recommending Cape May since just 3 weeks ago I was very unhappy that I was going to have to eat there. :lol:

_Scar

Me and my mom hated seafood, while my dad on the other hand LOVES it.

I admit, I was a bit nervous eating here because of my picky-ness- but I was pleasantly surprised! It was delicious and we all agreed it was the best meal of the trip! I had the prime rib (multiple times, delicious!), corn on the cob, fruit, and oooooh those desserts! So good. Make sure to try the peanut butter blondies! They are so delicious!

I recommend it 110%.

nolatron

We ate ate CMC last year and it was really good, and I don't think either one of us got a seafood item. I really liked the ribs and chicken they had.

And the dessert bar was awesome too with all the little items available.

There's plenty non-seafood items so you'll enjoy it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Me and my mom hated seafood, while my dad on the other hand LOVES it.

I admit, I was a bit nervous eating here because of my picky-ness- but I was pleasantly surprised! It was delicious and we all agreed it was the best meal of the trip! I had the prime rib (multiple times, delicious!), corn on the cob, fruit, and oooooh those desserts! So good. Make sure to try the peanut butter blondies! They are so delicious!

I recommend it 110%.

I agree, although I'll admit to being a seafood fan. But you'll have a better meal at Cape May than you would at Beaches and Cream, which may actually be a little busy that time of night with resort guests at the pool. At least with the ADR you know you can get your seat without much of a wait, and take your time enjoying your meal.

lilclerk

Original Poster
Sounds like Cape May it is! Thanks for the confirmation that we'll actually find something to eat :lol: Peanut butter blondies sound delectable!

Mammymouse

There are plenty of peel and eat shrimp, hard shelled clams (small quahogs for you Rhode Islanders), mussels, chowders and I think some fish. It is supposed to be a New England clam bake but as you New Englanders out there know that always includes a lobster, but this dinner does not, so it is a pretty good second to a "traditional" clambake up North. It is set up as a buffet style, with a good selection of salads, some of which have sea creature stuff, as well as the other usual American food fare of chicken, ribs, carving station of beef, various veggies and potatoes, a kid's section, and delicious desserts. We are former RIers and we always eat at Cape May and recommend it.

Yanks07

We eat there twice a year and always enjoy it. My non seafood eating son likes it a lot and I love it. The crab legs they added a year or so ago are a good addition. If they had Lobster, I would never leave. :lol:

ThinkTink721

We have eaten at Cape May & it was OK.
Maybe Beaches & Cream would be better - I have never eaten there (planning to on our next trip) - especially since you are not crazy about seafood. :wave:

GeoDonJac34

We have eaten there twice. I really like it, and I am not a seafood fan. Did not eat any either time. On the other hand my wife is a big seafood fan, and she does not like it very much. Her main complaint being the clams are too small, which they are on the small side.

_Scar

Forgot to mention we also ate at Beaches and Cream.

It's basically a 5 Guys with a beach theme and ice cream.

Nothing special imo

lilclerk

Original Poster
Yeah we loove Beaches and Cream and I try to go there every trip. We'll probably go there a lot on this trip, so it will be good to have something different.

wdwwdeagle

Just ate there again the other day. They had ribs, carved beef, carved pork roast, lots of veggie dishes, lots of salads, and lots of desserts. You will have plenty to eat, and the food is good, especially the carved meats. Enjoy!

Cape May Cafe is Disney's Beach Club Resort. This cafe offers breakfast and dinner buffets in a lively beach themed restaurant. Cape May Cafe is located inside Disney's Beach Club Resort. The Cape May Cafe is a bright, airy buffet restaurant.

DougK

Forgot to mention we also ate at Beaches and Cream.

It's basically a 5 Guys with a beach theme and ice cream.

Nothing special imo

Hey! Don't offend Five Guys like that! I like Beaches and Cream but I love Five Guys! Great burgers, great fries!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom