Capcom's Aladdin

Hiro Hamada

Original Poster
Before 2011, Capcom was like my favorite game company in the whole world. Mega Man, Bionic Commando, Ghouls N Ghosts, Final Fight, Resident Evil, Power Stone, Devil May Cry, so many classics to their credit! And I especially loved the games they released with the Disney license. My personal favorite of those was Darkwing Duck for the NES. My second favorite of those overall would have to be their excellent SNES game based on my favorite Disney film, Aladdin. A lot of top of the line people working at the company during the time it was made worked on it. The director was Shinji Mikami, who later went on to create Resident Evil. And the various renditions of the music from the film that were in the game were done by the talented trio of Setsuo Yamamoto, Yuki Iwai and Yuko Takehara, whom have worked on numerous titles in the Mega Man X and Street Fighter series, and they do a great job! The SNES soundchip almost makes it sound like a live orchestra so it sounds the way it does in the movie. And while we're on the subject, the Genesis version by Virgin is SO OVERRATED. Probably the second most overrated game on the system following Phantasy Star IV:End of the Millenium. Also a lot less faithful to the source material. And that was from the same team that made The Terminator for Sega CD, which was awesome? Anyway, here is a gameplay video of this classic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom