Can't wait for December

the_rich

Original Poster
I just returned to New York after a quick 3 day trip to Wdw. It was a long 11 years since my last trip in August of 2006. I don't think I could've had a better time, unless I could've snuck into Pandora. I loved being back so much that I booked a return trip for the 2nd week of December while I was delayed in the airport for 10 hours. Staying at the contemporary after stay at AKL this trip. Had a Savannah view and it expensive but amazing. Ate at Jiko for the first time and wow. Also cool because Joe rohde was also there at the same time. Now onlty a 6 month wait til next time.

matt clark

Awesome.
I am buying the family annual passes for Christmas and staying 4 nights at art of animation and doing all the parks. After that we are Headed for a one day/night stay at animal kingdom lodge. It was $800 to book the savannah view so i want to get my moneys worth. hopefully we like it as much as you.

the_rich

Original Poster
Awesome.
I am buying the family annual passes for Christmas and staying 4 nights at art of animation and doing all the parks. After that we are Headed for a one day/night stay at animal kingdom lodge. It was $800 to book the savannah view so i want to get my moneys worth. hopefully we like it as much as you.
IMG_20170523_165319.jpg

I paid $500 a night and it was well worth. Waking up to this was an amazing feeling.

BigRedDad

AKL is about the best place to stay if you are on that main Savannah. We honeymooned there and it blew us away. We didn't pay close to that because of Disney's fault. Still an amazing time there.

the_rich

Original Poster
AKL is about the best place to stay if you are on that main Savannah. We honeymooned there and it blew us away. We didn't pay close to that because of Disney's fault. Still an amazing time there.
Yea I thought it would be nice but it blew me away. There was pack of 5 zebras running around chasing the birds and the giraffes were coming very close.

JIMINYCR

After missing Disney for 11 years you must be in heaven, getting to go twice in one year. Glad you have the opportunity to do it. Return trips in one year are great because you dont have as long to countdown for your return and it will seem like you never left. And you get to revisit all those things you enjoyed and try those things you didnt have the chance to do last time. Your December trip will be even more amazing because youll get to be dazzled by all the holiday decorations and events throughout the entire property. Enjoy it to the fullest.

the_rich

Original Poster
After missing Disney for 11 years you must be in heaven, getting to go twice in one year. Glad you have the opportunity to do it. Return trips in one year are great because you dont have as long to countdown for your return and it will seem like you never left. And you get to revisit all those things you enjoyed and try those things you didnt have the chance to do last time. Your December trip will be even more amazing because youll get to be dazzled by all the holiday decorations and events throughout the entire property. Enjoy it to the fullest.
Yea I've never been during the holidays. This past trip i took my mother and the next one will be with my sister. I saw a glimpse of pandora while the cm was telling me it was only for Ap's. I was like i need to see this soon, it looked amazingly detailed. Im already planning on going again after that when star wars land opens. Amazingly in 3 days I was able to do alot. All the main rides in AK, MK and the few in DHS and most of Epcot.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You will love WDW during the holidays. All the parks are decorated (love the tree at AK). Since you are staying at the Contemporary, get on the monorail and go visit the GF. The gingerbread house is amazing and the lobby smells sooo good. But the best resort lobby, in my opinion, is Wilderness Lodge - it's not to be missed.

If your budget can afford it, get tickets to MVMCP. Yeah, it's expensive, but snow on Main Street and cookies and hot chocolate is fun. Just hope it's cool, first year I went it was warm.

Enjoy!

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Awesome.
Wow, I am kinda doing the opposite. We rented points and are doing 5 nights at AKL-K savanna view over Christmas and then one extra night at Art of Animation. The AOA cost us $580 for the one night.

the_rich

Original Poster
You will love WDW during the holidays. All the parks are decorated (love the tree at AK). Since you are staying at the Contemporary, get on the monorail and go visit the GF. The gingerbread house is amazing and the lobby smells sooo good. But the best resort lobby, in my opinion, is Wilderness Lodge - it's not to be missed.

If your budget can afford it, get tickets to MVMCP. Yeah, it's expensive, but snow on Main Street and cookies and hot chocolate is fun. Just hope it's cool, first year I went it was warm.

Enjoy!
thanks for the recommendation

matt clark

Wow, I am kinda doing the opposite. We rented points and are doing 5 nights at AKL-K savanna view over Christmas and then one extra night at Art of Animation. The AOA cost us $580 for the one night.
I SERIOUSLY SHOULD have looked at point. The 4 days at AOA were close to a thousand... but im doing the standard little mermaid rooms. We will hardly be at the resort i figure.. doing all the parks those 4 days.. and when we arent doing the parks i figure we will be taking in all the decoration, statues, classes etc.

I got the savannah view with bunkbeds option since i have the two kids with us. I HOPE we wake up with the animals... im keeping my expectations low in hopes im blown away lol

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I SERIOUSLY SHOULD have looked at point. The 4 days at AOA were close to a thousand... but im doing the standard little mermaid rooms. We will hardly be at the resort i figure.. doing all the parks those 4 days.. and when we arent doing the parks i figure we will be taking in all the decoration, statues, classes etc.

I got the savannah view with bunkbeds option since i have the two kids with us. I HOPE we wake up with the animals... im keeping my expectations low in hopes im blown away lol

Yes if you have a savanna view, you should have animals outside your balcony 24/7. For me, in December 2014 I would get up early go out and drink coffee or at night, wine or beer. LOVED WATCHING THE ANIMALS day or night!!! Our room faced Epcot so we could see Illuminations (and now HS fireworks will be in sight). Trying for the same direction facing room this December at Kadani.
Our upcoming five days at AKL was close to $2100 for the savanna view dvc studio (this is at and on Christmas so pricier than normal) I decide to do an extra day and since it was just one day, I asked the family what resort would you like to try that we have never done before (and wouldn't do for a normal trip since we couldn't afford it). We picked the AOA - Finding Nemo suite (can't wait to swim in that pool).

Jared Augustine

Yes if you have a savanna view, you should have animals outside your balcony 24/7. For me, in December 2014 I would get up early go out and drink coffee or at night, wine or beer. LOVED WATCHING THE ANIMALS day or night!!! Our room faced Epcot so we could see Illuminations (and now HS fireworks will be in sight). Trying for the same direction facing room this December at Kadani.
Our upcoming five days at AKL was close to $2100 for the savanna view dvc studio (this is at and on Christmas so pricier than normal) I decide to do an extra day and since it was just one day, I asked the family what resort would you like to try that we have never done before (and wouldn't do for a normal trip since we couldn't afford it). We picked the AOA - Finding Nemo suite (can't wait to swim in that pool).

That is awesome that you could see the fireworks. Stupid question...how do you know if you are facing towards Epcot?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
That is awesome that you could see the fireworks. Stupid question...how do you know if you are facing towards Epcot?
Not a stupid question, if you are in a Jambo Upper floor Inner left ring (Kudu Trail/ Arusha savanna), you should be able to see Epcot (but won't hear them) and see Hollywood Studios (and hear them). I was there last October visiting on a work trip (offsite) and went to Jambo after dinner at Sanaa. You could see and hear the Hollywood Studios fireworks from the nightvision animal viewing area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom