Can't get my ADR :-( and nobody understands but you

MerMom1981

I was up at the crack of dawn on day 180 but the only time available for Be Our Guest was 8:55pm.

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

We're not doing the dining plan, so only doing a few special meals in the parks. I got Akershus breakfast with no problem, but BOG has broken my little Disney-loving heart!
This was also the only meal request my 6y/o daughter made :-(

I have since been stalking the res site in hopes of a miracle.

Pity me. Please

Ember

Keep checking. Check every morning and you will get an earlier one. We did this for two trips in a row. The closer you get to your trip, the more likely it will be that you will find openings for earlier dinner. We booked one for 9pm just to get one and then changed earlier and earlier until we had one at 5:30 :)

Upvote 0

MerMom1981

Original Poster
Keep checking. Check every morning and you will get an earlier one. We did this for two trips in a row. The closer you get to your trip, the more likely it will be that you will find openings for earlier dinner. We booked one for 9pm just to get one and then changed earlier and earlier until we had one at 5:30 :)

So there is hope!
I'm still 161 days out, so I'll be wearing out the refresh button for the duration.
Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

TB4244

As everyone says keep checking, more reservations do open up. We only got our FP for it 18 days out from going. I know you want an ADR but stick with it, you'll get there :)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Yes, keep checking! Also, if you're a larger-than-average party (e.g., more than 4 people), call the dining line and ask if there's any reservation availability for "split tables" (typically adjoining tables for, say, 4 and 2 that you can push together to seat a larger party). CMs can arrange for those on the phone: the online system can't.

If worse comes to worst, try to see if you can go there for lunch. If you're staying onsite and once you have 30 days or less to go before your visit, try the website for a FP+ - https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/. If that doesn't work, show up early and hope they're taking standby guests. Let us know how you make out!

Upvote 0

WDW 3

I got one at about 30 days out. 4:10 which is a little early for 3 adults so I'm checking for a later time. Not bad for deciding and booking the trip only 34 days out! I also got a California Grill at 9:20. Going to try arriving early and hoping to be up there for the 9:30 fireworks.

Upvote 0

tlev

For two different trips I could not get a reservation 180 days out, but lucked up closer to time for my trip. And one was even for a party of 8 so don't give up!

Upvote 0

Kevin_W

I'm with everyone else - when we traveled last summer (we booked the trip inside of 180 days) there weren't any reservations. It became part of my daily routine at lunch to check. After a month or so, one became available!

Upvote 0

heath.sneyd

Yep, just keep on checking... You never know when better times will come up!

I got mine on a 15 minute break at work, on my phone, on the MDX app, on the toilet.

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

FWIW, the lady at WDWPrep says she thinks BOG is pretty overrated. I can't say one way or another though.
I don't know...having actually been there I can say it's pretty freaking good. From the food to service to the whole atmosphere...it is unforgettable. And I'm not really a "food" person, if that makes sense.

Get the grey stuff, it's delicious...no really it is! And keep trying. Just on our one weekend trip in May I switched around 4-5 ADRs once a month when a better time for BoG popped up. And even if you can't get an earlier time have you thought about eating a late afternoon character lunch like Crystal Palace or something? I Don't know your budget, but with that and Akershus you'll be spending a pretty penny just on character meals. All your personal preferences though. Good luck!

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I was up at the crack of dawn on day 180 but the only time available for Be Our Guest was 8:55pm.

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

We're not doing the dining plan, so only doing a few special meals in the parks. I got Akershus breakfast with no problem, but BOG has broken my little Disney-loving heart!
This was also the only meal request my 6y/o daughter made :-(

I have since been stalking the res site in hopes of a miracle.

Pity me. Please

Its not that bad, the requirement to actually pay for reservations if not canceled 24 hours in advance makes people cough up the reservations regularly. Its the point were self delusion about actually being able to afford or even get to everything they've scheduled is dispelled and they toss in the towel.

We've gotten BoG, Cindy's, Fireworks dessert, and lots more just checking back under 30 days.

Upvote 0

MerMom1981

Original Poster
I don't know...havi. ng actually been there I can say it's pretty freaking good. From the food to service to the whole atmosphere...it is unforgettable. And I'm not really a "food" person, if that makes sense.

Get the grey stuff, it's delicious...no really it is! And keep trying. Just on our one weekend trip in May I switched around 4-5 ADRs once a month when a better time for BoG popped up. And even if you can't get an earlier time have you thought about eating a late afternoon character lunch like Crystal Palace or something? I Don't know your budget, but with that and Akershus you'll be spending a pretty penny just on character meals. All your personal preferences though. Good luck!

I agree, it IS pretty freaking amazing! :)

We were able to book dinner just 120 days out with no problem for our 2013 trip. My daughter and I were both utterly enchanted by the place, which is why it's the only place she asked to eat. AND we didn't get to try the grey stuff (wasn't official added to the menu yet) AND BatB was the first Disney movie my mom and I saw at the theater together, AND we're bringing her on her very first Dusney trip. We HAVE to eat at BOG!!!

My worst-case plan is to keep the 8:55 res I made and just have dessert.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

I agree, it IS pretty freaking amazing! :)

We were able to book dinner just 120 days out with no problem for our 2013 trip. My daughter and I were both utterly enchanted by the place, which is why it's the only place she asked to eat. AND we didn't get to try the grey stuff (wasn't official added to the menu yet) AND BatB was the first Disney movie my mom and I saw at the theater together, AND we're bringing her on her very first Dusney trip. We HAVE to eat at BOG!!!

My worst-case plan is to keep the 8:55 res I made and just have dessert.
Aw :) Hey, what the heck...you're on vacation eat dinner at 9pm! Why not! :p

Upvote 0

MerMom1981

Original Poster
Yes, keep checking! Also, if you're a larger-than-average party (e.g., more than 4 people), call the dining line and ask if there's any reservation availability for "split tables" (typically adjoining tables for, say, 4 and 2 that you can push together to seat a larger party). CMs can arrange for those on the phone: the online system can't.

If worse comes to worst, try to see if you can go there for lunch. If you're staying onsite and once you have 30 days or less to go before your visit, try the website for a FP+ - https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/. If that doesn't work, show up early and hope they're taking standby guests. Let us know how you make out!

We're staying off site, so no lunch FP for me :-(
Thanks for the tip on calling the dining line. We'll be a party of 6, so splitting might help!

Upvote 0

MerMom1981

Original Poster
Aw :) Hey, what the heck...you're on vacation eat dinner at 9pm! Why not! :p

Hubby and I would totally do late dinner, but our 6 &4 y/o littles would NOT roll with that. I'm cool with letting them stay up a bit late on vacation, but I would be setting all of us up for a miserable crankypants night...I don't even want to think about the next morning ;-)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom