Can't Get Dinng Reservation

CaraMiaO3

Original Poster
I have been trying to get dinner reservation
at BeOurGuest to take my mom for her bday .
Nothing available for Oct 20 or Oct 22.
Anyone have any secrets to get a reservation? I check every day,several times a day hoping for a cancellation .

21stamps

Anyone have any secrets to get a reservation? I check every day,several times a day hoping for a cancellation .
Keep checking several times per day..especially closer to your trip. I booked 60 days in advance for my last trip, and ended up getting every dining reservation that I wanted.

Apparently people hoard reservations at 180 days and then cancel them later.

Also, you can use the touring plans site to get notified when one becomes available.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Check daily and especial 48-24 hours prior since that is when the cancellation penalties for dining ressies kick in.

Pam

StarshipDisney

I was 6-months out and waiting at 0600 to make ADRs. I wanted BOG for 5:00 PM but saw the times just disappearing as I tried to click for confirmation. It kept giving an error message and then when I went back, that time was gone and I had to go earlier. I finally got a confirmation for 4:25 PM after a number of more preferred times would not confirm and were gone.

I hope you do catch a cancellation because the reservation book appears to fill up very fast...perhaps going back months ago.

HurricaneHanna

As a last resort you could just turn up on your chosen date and stand in line, hoping for a no show. You'll have more chance outside the normal dinner time hours i.e. very early or very late
When was the last time you were successful with this? We spend a week or more at Disney every few months and do a table service meal for dinner every evening. The very popular places, including BOG, seem to basically just turn away walk-ups without any discussion or debate. We witness it every trip while waiting to be seated.

I recommend just checking back daily. I almost always end up with exactly what I want but sometimes it's not until right before we leave home. The exception is if our party is large. It gets difficult for groups of 5 or more. 4 or less is very doable if you're persistent.

CAPTAIN HOOK

When was the last time you were successful with this?
I've never done it as I always book everything that I want at 180 days for my entire trip.

All I said to the OP was -
"as a last resort" = if all else fails
"you could try" = as a last attempt to get the booking

No guarantee of success, no implication that I have tried it or that it works. It is a suggestion that may work if everything else has failed

Tony the Tigger

When was the last time you were successful with this? We spend a week or more at Disney every few months and do a table service meal for dinner every evening. The very popular places, including BOG, seem to basically just turn away walk-ups without any discussion or debate. We witness it every trip while waiting to be seated.

I recommend just checking back daily. I almost always end up with exactly what I want but sometimes it's not until right before we leave home. The exception is if our party is large. It gets difficult for groups of 5 or more. 4 or less is very doable if you're persistent.

I've never done it as I always book everything that I want at 180 days for my entire trip.

All I said to the OP was -
"as a last resort" = if all else fails
"you could try" = as a last attempt to get the booking

No guarantee of success, no implication that I have tried it or that it works. It is a suggestion that may work if everything else has failed

We tried this twice and were successful both times, and it was not too many months after BOG had just opened, when reservations were all but impossible. They called it "standby" and we waited 10 to 20 minutes for a table (party of 2.) Maybe they don't do it anymore(?)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
As @HurricaneHanna said, try a day or to before as well. I had success with getting/changing reservations within that timeframe during our last trip mid-December. And I just randomly looked to see if BOG reservations would be available for tomorrow (to retest the theory of try a day before) and it was showing availability (albeit limited) for parties of 2 and 4. So it IS possible if you can be flexible on timing on somewhat short notice. Good luck!

TDGMedley

keep Checking several times a day. I was unable to get a reservation to But at i like it was 30 days out I was able to get one for a 6:55 time. So excited I have never been before. But keep checking, hope you get in..

rob0519

Don't be surprised if you get an opening at around 9:30 pm. They're still serving dinner at that time. We honestly didn't want to eat that late and passed on that ADR time 3 times in a 4 day stay.

danyoung56

As someone already mentioned, touringplans.com has a reservation finder that works really well. I spent about 3 weeks trying to land a good time at the Coral Reef for my trip at the end of September. I finally tried their finder, and had a good time within a day. It's free, which is nice.

prfctlyximprct

As someone already mentioned, touringplans.com has a reservation finder that works really well. I spent about 3 weeks trying to land a good time at the Coral Reef for my trip at the end of September. I finally tried their finder, and had a good time within a day. It's free, which is nice.
Can you link it? All I can find is to sign up for 12 bucks a month

Weather_Lady

It says I have to pay 12.95

I see what you're saying. After clicking on the "join Touringplans.com" link, the page asking for subscriber information/payment will open up. Look for the link to the right of the payment info. form (under the heading "Why Join?" that says "basic access" (or just click on the words here -- I just threw the link in there!) and click on it to register for access to the free stuff, including the reservation tool.

prfctlyximprct

I see what you're saying. After clicking on the "join Touringplans.com" link, the page asking for subscriber information/payment will open up. Look for the link to the right of the payment info. form (under the heading "Why Join?" that says "basic access" (or just click on the words here -- I just threw the link in there!) and click on it to register for access to the free stuff, including the reservation tool.

Thank you!

danyoung56

Since it's really a pay site, they try to subtly direct you towards a paid subscription. But it's possible to set up a free account, log in, and then use the reservation finder for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom