Can't find MDE on new tablet

lilclerk

I have a Galaxy S3 and a 10" Android tablet (Asus TF300... I know, time for upgrades.) I just grab the .apk from my phone, sideload it into the tablet, and it works just fine on both. If anyone needs the current .apk, pm me your email and I can send it over.

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
When Disney bought Pixar from Steve Jobs, they paid him in Disney stock. He was a major shareholder. I assume that's why they still favor Apple.

I'm not sure there are any facts at all to support that conclusion.

While one can always find contrary examples it has been the pattern for mobile OS development for some time that 'most' apps start out on iOS since they've had the mature development platform for longer. Once they're up and running many developers then take what they learned there and try to 'port' the app to Android. Again I get that there are examples to the contrary but this has been the prevailing trend for most apps in recent years.

One of the outcomes of the porting model is that a lot of app architecture decisions that weren't a problem on iOS come up on Android. All of the different form factors, hardware variations as well as the OS customizations the manufacturers add make stability and performance a complex animal in that space. All of them are fixable with time but with all the functionality they are trying to add right now it seems that they are not heavily focused on H/W device support and performance. Once they get all of the features deployed they can get the team back to performance and device support.

Tinkerfan4ever

That is the case it seems with most everything. I am debating on getting the samsung galaxy s4 can anyone view the app on there?
I have the Galaxy S4 and was just at Disney in early December. I actually found the MDE works better on my phone than on my computer. And it worked just fine while at Disney.

I know this series of post is old, but it applicable to the issue I'm having. I just purchased a new tablet that runs Android Kit Kat 4.4.2. I really want to be able to use the MDE app, but on the Google Play store it states that the MDE is incompatible with my device. Could someone tell me how/where to find the apk and step by step how to side load it?

PrincessNelly_NJ

I know this series of post is old, but it applicable to the issue I'm having. I just purchased a new tablet that runs Android Kit Kat 4.4.2. I really want to be able to use the MDE app, but on the Google Play store it states that the MDE is incompatible with my device. Could someone tell me how/where to find the apk and step by step how to side load it?
I have a tablet running kit Kat as well. I remember one point where it said it was for phones but I was still able to download it. What kind of tablet are you using?
Edit: Never mind, it is no longer on my tablet. When I went to re download it, is says not compatible with your device. It didn't say that until the update.

Last edited:

RScottyL

I just went to my Android (4.3) phone and found it:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-18-16-21-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-18-16-21-39.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 41

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom