Can't do likes, on Chit Chat thread

betty rose

Original Poster
I'm having trouble with the likes, I hit the button, and it does nothing for awhile. Then hit again, the like appears...this didn't happen in the past. Also, when scrolling down it's very jerky. And I have to type really slowly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm having trouble with the likes, I hit the button, and it does nothing for awhile. Then hit again, the like appears...this didn't happen in the past. Also, when scrolling down it's very jerky. And I have to type really slowly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
Can you tell me what device and what web browser you are using?

Thanks

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm using HP desk top computer. The web browser is Internet Explorer 11. Thanks:happy:
Does it only occur on specific threads? Or is it anywhere?

I have tested it on IE11 and cannot reproduce the problem on this end.

Do you have another browser on your PC, such as Chrome or Firefox that you could try as an alternative to see if it is specific to your browser?

betty rose

Original Poster
I did try chrome, and I was able to do likes, then it didn't work. It's also jerky, on chrome, I couldn't see my alerts or inbox. Thanks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I did try chrome, and I was able to do likes, then it didn't work. It's also jerky, on chrome, I couldn't see my alerts or inbox. Thanks.
How old is your PC? Do you have any details on its specification?

It is starting to sound like your PC is just having problems displaying the content, which is showing itself by becoming jerky and slow.

betty rose

Original Poster
How old is your PC? Do you have any details on its specification?

It is starting to sound like your PC is just having problems displaying the content, which is showing itself by becoming jerky and slow.
System is about 4 years old, but is working well on other Web sites and applications. Specs pasted below. Internet is high speed cable modem and also working well.
Computer Specs.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
System is about 4 years old, but is working well on other Web sites and applications. Specs pasted below. Internet is high speed cable modem and also working well. View attachment 105403
Yeah there shouldn't be a problem there. I'm testing it right now on a much older Windows 7 with IE11 and can't reproduce the issue.

Do you have any issues using the main site at http://www.wdwmagic.com ?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
When you are seeing this problem, could you grab me a screen shot of Windows Task Manager performance tab. This is the one that shows CPU usage graphs etc.

You can access this by right clicking on the task bar at the bottom of the screen, then choosing Start Task Manager. Once in task manager, move to the Performance tab.

Thanks

betty rose

Original Poster
Snapshot 1.jpg
When you are seeing this problem, could you grab me a screen shot of Windows Task Manager performance tab. This is the one that shows CPU usage graphs etc.

You can access this by right clicking on the task bar at the bottom of the screen, then choosing Start Task Manager. Once in task manager, move to the Performance tab.

Thanks
See if this works.

Jimmy Thick

I had the same issue with IE11. What I noticed was I'm a huge online gamer and I was getting "lag" between clicks on this and other sites. I looked for a solution to this and the best answer was to run a malware scan, which helped cleaned the issue.

This site does not put malware on your system but a great many others do. I would try a quick malware scan and then try liking again.

betty rose

Original Poster
I had the same issue with IE11. What I noticed was I'm a huge online gamer and I was getting "lag" between clicks on this and other sites. I looked for a solution to this and the best answer was to run a malware scan, which helped cleaned the issue.

This site does not put malware on your system but a great many others do. I would try a quick malware scan and then try liking again.
Thanks for the info. Hubby ran the malware scan, and it didn't help.

betty rose

Original Poster
Yes it indicates the site isn't loading correctly.

Do you have any kind of security software that may be interfering with the page?

Can you show me a screen shot of the page using Chrome?

Using Norton as security and have been for years with regular updates.

Chrome pic below.
snapshot 2.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. Hubby ran the malware scan, and it didn't help.
The Malware scan was very quick. To do a proper job, you are looking at more like 30 mins or so.
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/ is highly rated and fixes most issues if they are caused by Malware.

I can't say what the issue is without being on the PC, but it is definitely an issue with your machine.

If it were my machine I would do one of the following:

1. Run https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/
2. Try Chrome and Firefox. Never use IE11, it is extremely insecure and suffers low performance compared to the other two.
3. Install Windows 10. I see you have the update icon in the Task Bar. Windows 7 is very old now, and an update may help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom