Candlelight Processional line

kfergdisney

How early does one need to get in line for the Candlelight Processional? I have a dinner package, but I might cancel it. Is that a dumb idea?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We never get the dinner package and we never wait too long before either. We have been the past few years in early-mid Dec. You should be fine. I say maybe go 15-30 prior to whichever time show your going to. They do 3 daily. :)

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I've done the dinner package and I've seen the stand by line the night I did the dinner package. Ain't NO way I'd do anything BUT the dinner package but I also go peak times. If you went mid December you should be good or the week after Thanksgiving...hard to say unless I know when you are going. I can assure you though for Thanksgiving week - yeah me and Gary Sinise have a date so I'm keeping my CLP dinner package lol ;)

Upvote 0

deanaandrich

Keep the dinner package. Before we started getting it, we would have to get in line an hour before the first show to even wait for the second show. Last year we got in line 45 minutes before our show and the dinner package was past morocco. If you want a good seat, get in line early.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Keep the dinner package. Before we started getting it, we would have to get in line an hour before the first show to even wait for the second show. Last year we got in line 45 minutes before our show and the dinner package was past morocco. If you want a good seat, get in line early.
Were you going at a peak time like Thanksgiving or Christmas week? Just wondering b/c we have never had that problem and we also never get the dinner package either. We go usually the week after thanksgiving into the middle of Dec. Was there last year and year prior and will be going back this year 12/5-12/16. :)

Upvote 0

deanaandrich

No we never go to disney the week of holidays. Typically the first 2 weeks of December before our passes black out. But we always go on a Saturday or Sunday when a real popular narrator is there. And we've been doing the processional every year since it started. Gets more popular every year.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

No we never go to disney the week of holidays. Typically the first 2 weeks of December before our passes black out. But we always go on a Saturday or Sunday when a real popular narrator is there. And we've been doing the processional every year since it started. Gets more popular every year.
We usually do it during the week and if we want a popular narrator usually whoever is there on the Sat they are also there Thurs-Sat or starting on Friday being they do a couple of days each so we go on Thurs or Friday. Maybe that's why we never have a problem. :)

Upvote 0

Tom 55

How early does one need to get in line for the Candlelight Processional? I have a dinner package, but I might cancel it. Is that a dumb idea?

When I went to the Candlelight processional in Dec 2012 I had the dining plan reservations. There were so many people with reservations that very few people without reservations got a seat.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 0

75disney

Keep your dining package. I have seen people lining up several hours before the first show and the line stretched back to Italy that early. You will not regret having it.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would keep the dining reservation. Unlike Fantasmic!, Disney will sell every seat to the CP dining packages if they can. Sometimes you might get lucky (weekdays in early December are best for this) and find a seat via standby, but I would not risk it.

Upvote 0

kfergdisney

Original Poster
We will be going to Candlelight Processional on December 1st, with Mr. Gary Sinise. He was the only one that I even wanted to see the whole time we will be at WDW.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We will be going to Candlelight Processional on December 1st, with Mr. Gary Sinise. He was the only one that I even wanted to see the whole time we will be at WDW.
I would keep it. Not only are you seeing a popular person, but the night you are going is on a weekend and not during a seasonal AP black out period. The probability of there being a large local population wanting to see the CP on that night is quite high.

Upvote 0

kfergdisney

Original Poster
I would keep it. Not only are you seeing a popular person, but the night you are going is on a weekend and not during a seasonal AP black out period. The probability of there being a large local population wanting to see the CP on that night is quite high.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if there would be a lot of people there or if people would be heading to go home that day. I'm hoping for the latter, but I will keep my reservation!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks! I wasn't sure if there would be a lot of people there or if people would be heading to go home that day. I'm hoping for the latter, but I will keep my reservation!
Wise move. You might get lucky, but I would not risk it. I typically travel on the weekends during that time of year and every weekend line I have seen for the CP looks like black Friday at Best Buy.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Here is another vote for keep your reservation.

The last time we were there we saw Doogie Howser MD. (Neil Patrick Harris) on a weekday the second week of December for the 6:45 performance and the reserved line was back to Morocco. I am not sure if many standby people even got in since we were seated almost 3/4 of the way back and more reserved people were still funneling in. After the show we headed off toward Mexico and the stand-by line was nearly to Germany for the final show of the night. I am sure many did not get to see the show.

I f you decide to dump your ressie, beware of what may happen and be there quite early for the 5:00 PM show. Remember you are there for the lingering Thanksgiving crowds and it could be a little crazy.

Enjoy the show with Gary Sinise. We have never been able to see him since he always seemed to be scheduled of the Christmas week and we will not brave WDW during that time.

Upvote 0

luv

Lines are longer on the more popular nights.

If you can afford it, keep the dinner. If not, line up kind of early - up to an hour or more for popular people.

Upvote 0

G8rchamps

11/30 with Gary- only ADR I could get was Biergarten - so Schnitzel it is. Glad I read this post and I expect that weekend to be packed due to Thankgiving (unless some of you want to go shopping Friday!)

Upvote 0

luv

11/30 with Gary- only ADR I could get was Biergarten - so Schnitzel it is. Glad I read this post and I expect that weekend to be packed due to Thankgiving (unless some of you want to go shopping Friday!)
Good call. We lined up about ten or fifteen minutes before a Doogie Howser show and didn't get in until ten or fifteen minutes after it had started. This was okay with us - we knew the risk and all that...but if it were my only CP, I'd have been bumming.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom