Cancellation depression: Tell me why 2015 will be better than 2014

Dafid Duck

We were all set for Christmas 2014 in the World. It was to be a celebration of or daughter's acceptance to college (with the in laws too). Unfortunately plans had to change. Now we are hoping to go next year. I'm sure you can imagine, we are all suffering from Disney depression. Please help us out and tell us why it will be better to go in 2015.

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
This trip really was a chance to go to Disney with my in laws before our daughter was all grown up. We were there two years ago and for us it was a little too soon to go back. We did a lot two weeks after New Fantasyland opened and the real crowds decended. We just wanted to share it all with them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
We were planning on staying at Coronado Springs. Guess which resort is having a bathroom refurbishment starting in 2015. You guessed it, CSR! I guess that is something to look forward to next year.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

We had to cancel our Nov trip because of our new addition to the family...but we r going to DL in May instead now and we are more excited than ever especially since my wife an kids have never gone! It was too sad to turn the countdown from 70 days all the way up to 260!!!

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
We had to cancel our Nov trip because of our new addition to the family...but we r going to DL in May instead now and we are more excited than ever especially since my wife an kids have never gone! It was too sad to turn the countdown from 70 days all the way up to 260!!!

I know, we first got word we may need to cancel and the next day we get a Disney reminder that we can pick FP + soon. We officially canceled on day 59. I did make one day of FP + reservations just for the practice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Gives you more time to save up and SPLURGE when you get there! I was supposed to be going this upcoming January but we pushed it back to September and all I keep thinking is that now with so much more time to save up I'll be able to do more table meals and buy more crap I don't need (also known as souvenirs) and maybe even have extra money to get a better resort.....

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

By saving for an extra year, maybe you'll have more money to spend on special things, like a tour at MK or maybe something like Wild Africa Trek at AK!
Or you could upgrade your resort and maybe stay deluxe? That is, if you're not staying deluxe already :)

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
By saving for an extra year, maybe you'll have more money to spend on special things, like a tour at MK or maybe something like Wild Africa Trek at AK!
Or you could upgrade your resort and maybe stay deluxe? That is, if you're not staying deluxe already :)

No deluxes for us (although Grand Floridian has been a childhood dream). We do like the moderates and we especially like the free dining plan. Maybe we could save to upgrade to the deluxe plan.

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
I say don't go in 2015 either. Wait until 2018. Go to Disneyland instead in 2015.

It's all about going with the in laws before "our little girl grows up". We will just celebrate finishing her first semester in college instead of celebrating being accepted to college.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom