Canadian Lumberjack Show to open at Epcot's Canada Pavilion in early October

Unplugged

For some reason, the whole chainsaw ice carving scene from Hot Tub Time Machine comes to mind, culminating in slip in the ice, chainsaw landing next to him, and Lou's line "If that guy doesn't lose his arm soon, I'm gonna <explicitive> take it myself!"

Phil12

Does Kali River Rapids and the Land know that Canada is now promoting deforestation as entertainment? I think they would have some words. The rapids will picket chanting "You're a Lumberjack and that's NOT OK!" while the Land waves "Save our Trees" signs.
I think this is a step in the right direction of WDW striving to become fair and balanced.

Last edited:

ThemeParkJunkee

Hmmm....so there will be something in Canada when I arrive on October 17th. It's just that, well, where I live there are Lumberjack shows and even a replica camp driving distance from my home. I've seen them once each several years apart. I didn't bother to see yet another lumberjack show at the state fair because they get boring after just one. Yes, lumberjacks and Paul Bunyan are both US and Canadian. But I want to hear MUSIC when I am roaming food and wine with my selected food and beverages. I think it will be easily avoidable and that will be good.

TeriofTerror

Hmmm....so there will be something in Canada when I arrive on October 17th. It's just that, well, where I live there are Lumberjack shows and even a replica camp driving distance from my home. I've seen them once each several years apart. I didn't bother to see yet another lumberjack show at the state fair because they get boring after just one. Yes, lumberjacks and Paul Bunyan are both US and Canadian. But I want to hear MUSIC when I am roaming food and wine with my selected food and beverages. I think it will be easily avoidable and that will be good.
Nothing says "magical vacation" like the sound of chainsaws...

Tigger1988

I keep seeing the logic of "well I can see a lumberjack show at a local fair" posted. Yet, Off Kilter were no more than a pub band, easily found in nearly every bar in America (and elsewhere).

Let's not act like it was an experience found nowhere else. I'm not crazy about either act honestly, but I'll just be glad to walk around WS without the obnoxiously loud music. Time will tell how obtrusive chainsaws will or won't be.

AngryEyes

..... You didnt watch the video, did you.....?

No, but I can read and have seen this type of thing dozens of times.

I suppose if Disney wants an entirely chainsaw-driven show, they could have one, but I assure you, that's not the norm. If they do all chainsaws, I'll join the rest of you who are complaining before seeing.

BTW, their offerings also include a band. Who knows?

Phil12

True...you would hear the music and gravitate toward that area, it drew people over there. When I hear chainsaws I'm going to think, 'construction...don't go over there'. lol
When I hear chainsaws I'm going to think, 'they're building a new E-ticket...go over there and take a look'. :geek:

Killnme

There will be two lines for two shows, like Mission: Space. One Lumberjack show- team Green's show will be 'milder' and have some chainsaws, axes and noise. Team Orange's show, the not milder one, will add flying appendages....bring ponchos!

And we could get Gallagher to host it. He is from North Carolina but that is pretty close to Canada right!?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom